4 von 5 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich
Enticing Music Here and Now,
Rezension bezieht sich auf: Here and Now (Audio CD)
"Here And Now" by Nickelback highlights a strong musical debut since the Dark Horse album. I personally enjoyed the Dark Horse collection, and have found "Here and Now" to be even better. "Here and Now" contains some fun and catchy rock tracks that beg for radio airplays and potential music videos. The following is my humble opinion on the analysis of these tracks and their meanings:
1. This Means War 9/10: This song starts the collection off pretty strong. It appears to be about having a tenacious and fighting spirit even in the face of opposition.
2. Bottoms Up 9/10: This is an anthem that clearly symbolizes having fun. This track would be an obvious choice for a gathering involving drinking and partying.
3. When We Stand Together 10/10: "When We Stand Together" is a very heartfelt musical tune about being united and helping one another out whenever possible. In my humble opinion, "When We Stand Together" is very relevant for what is currently happening through the media and other channels.
4. Midnight Queen 10/10: "Midnight Queen" is a fun song about meeting up with someone who knows how to enjoy the nightlife, and is uninhibited.
5. Gotta Get Me Some 10/10: "Gotta Get Me Some" denotes a catchy musical tune about a woman who is gifted with beauty, a happy spirit, and knows how to make the best of life.
6. Lullaby 10/10: "Lullaby" is a very beautiful song about having the emotional strength to carry on regardless of how challenging life may get. In addition, "Lullaby" appears to be a touching message about being aware that help is always available, and that life circumstances can always improve.
7. Kiss It Goodbye 9/10: "Kiss It Goodbye" is a very racy tune about the trials and tests for breaking into Hollywood life. I can easily see "Kiss It Goodbye" as a theme song to a reality show about aspiring superstars.
8. Trying Not to Love You 10/10: "Trying Not to Love You" is a compelling musical story about fighting uncontrollable feelings of love for someone else. In addition, "Trying Not to Love You" appears to be about the love growing stronger for someone even if the admirer tries to forget.
9. Holding On to Heaven 10/10: "Holding On to Heaven" is a gorgeous rock melody about being in a relationship with someone that brings a blissful and heaven on earth experience.
10. Everything I Wanna Do 10/10: "Everything I Do" is a great rock song about spending time with a person that is very carefree, wild, and fun-loving.
11. Don't Ever Let It End: 9.5/10: "Don't Ever Let It End" is an uplifting rock ballad about enjoying the weekend with a pleasant person who is so enjoyable to be around. "Don't Ever Let It End" appears to symbolize the time spent as being so happy that the singer does not want the experience to end so soon.
I am completely aware that others may have different ratings and/or opinions on the following songs. However, in my modest opinion any of the following six songs would make for good radio play, concert songs, and/or music videos: Midnight Queen, Gotta Get Me Some, Lullaby, Trying Not to Love You, Holding On to Heaven, and Everything I Wanna Do.
As I mentioned at the beginning of this review, I enjoyed the Dark Horse album, and like "Here and Now" even more. "Here and Now" also compares to "All the Right Reasons" in a positive and exciting way. In addition, "Here and Now" shows the musical growth of Nickelback and how their creative output keeps getting better. "Here and Now" is definitely recommended for anyone that enjoys any of the songs from "All the Right Reasons" and/or "Dark Horse."