3 von 4 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich
Red Hot Hits,
Rezension bezieht sich auf: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I definitely concur that this cd has a good medley of Red Hot Chili Pepper's Hits. I also love that there are a wide range of songs for different emotions such as Under the Bridge when a someone wants to listen to something to calm their emotions and others such as "Give it Away" when you want an emotional energy boost. The following are a rundown of the songs and a brief info on each:
1. Under The Bridge 10 out of 10 - A song that is about feeling alone, but having the consolation of living in L.A. I also like how Anthony Kiedis sings a creative mini narrative at the end of the song's chorus when he mentions about what happened when under the bridge downtown.
2. Give It Away 10 out of 10- A RHCP classic about being generous and giving with what you can in life with happiness and enthusiasm. He then energetically sings about what he has to give away. This is a high energy song to listen to when you need an emotional boost, and the song is good for working out to or running a couple miles to as well.
3. Californication 10 out of 10- A strong song about some of the symbolisms of California culture and what makes it a state worth dreaming about.
4. Scar Tissue 10 out of 10- A very dramatic song about sharing with the birds a lonely view, from what I take the references made are metaphoric.
5. Soul To Squeeze 10 out of 10- From what I take in this song, there are some very deep emotions that are being released and expressed, but that he is also going to take it easy along the way.
6. Otherside 10 out of 10- A very dramtic number about going through some psychological and other life challenges and the thoughts of what are being experienced.
7. Suck My Kiss 10 out of 10- A major makeout song with creatively put together sexual innuendos. It is an upbeat song, but also one that a person would want to use discretion in playing around someone younger than 13 years of agel
8. By The Way 9 out of 10- A fast energy song involving metaphoric adventures of people that are to be met and places to go.
9. Parallel Universe 8 out of 10- This is a very creative number about an emotional journey that the singer is going through that is making way for a spiritual rebirth.
10. Breaking The Girl 10 out of 10- A very good song about a special woman who has impacted the singer's life, but simultaneously had her heart broken.
11. My Friends 10 out of 10- A great song about how he learned the meaning of happiness from a little girl who taught him to express his love unconditionally at an important time when people in his close circle were striving to feel better emotionally.
12. Higher Ground 10 out of 10- A Stevie Wonder inspired masterpiece about perservering and to keep going on life regardless of what happens.
13. Universally Speaking 8 out of 10- Another song about adventures that he has with someone.
14. Road Trippin' 10 out of 10- This is about taking enjoying the journey in life in general, and when he (the lead singer) mentions go get lost, I think he means to just let go and peacefully accept and enjoy where one goes in life.
15. Fortune Faded 8 out of 10- A song about coming out of adversity in life as a much stronger and resilient person.
16. Save The Population 9 out of 10- A well constructed song involving how the actions of one person or multiple can affect the group of others (hence save the population)
This cd is very enjoyable and can definitely make you think because of the metaphorical meanings. I do agree that there are some hits that could have been on this cd. Two of the favorite songs I would have like to see are "Aeroplane" and "Around the World". However, this greatest hits collection is a very well crafted put together compilation nonetheless.