Am höchsten bewertete positive Rezension
An Excellent Book on JSP
am 25. Juni 2000
Just finished reading this excellent book. I believe this is one of the best well-written books ever since Java came into existence. The things I liked about this book are:
- The authors spent a lot of time explaining the fundamentals of JSP in detail, thereby providing a very good foundation.
- The chapters "Architecting JSP application" and "An example JSP project" have been very useful for me. In fact, I am using the concepts and examples presented in these chapters for a project that I am working on.
- The tips, notes, and warnings throughout the book are very useful in applying JSP technology in the real world.
- The support sites, author-online at the Manning web site are available for us to ask questions to the authors and also for discussion on JSP. I have personally found these sites to be extremely useful.
I hope to see the following things in the next version of the book:
- An exclusive chapter on the fundamentals of servlets and how it ties with JSP.
- An exclusive chapter on how JSP and EJB can work together - A real world "non-trivial" example will certainly help.
- I would also like the authors to address some of the concerns that Jason Hunter (Author of JAVA servlet programming, by O'Reilly) listed on his site,