iOS 6 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach is your code reference and guide to developing solutions on iPad, iPhone, and other iOS 6 SDK devices and platforms. This book provides in-depth code samples and discussions for scenarios that developers face every day. You'll find numerous examples of real-world cases that will enable you to build fully functional applications quickly and efficiently.
The recipes included in this book are wide in scope, and have been geared toward the professional developer. You'll find clear and concise code samples accompanying each recipe, and will be presented with cutting-edge solutions that bring forth the best that the iOS 6 SDK has to offer. The recipes include:
- Working with Autolayout to build flexible user interfaces that adapts to different screen sizes
- Building applications that incorporate multimedia
- Building location-aware apps
- Understanding best practices for application design and development
You'll find iOS 6 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach to be an indispensable reference for all of your iOS development.
What youll learn
- How to make your apps truly stand out with multimedia
- How to integrate social network services like Twitter and Facebook into you apps
- How to enhance your game apps with GameCenter
- How to develop powerful apps with the latest Xcode
- How to use Table Views and Collection Views in combination with Core Data to build powerful data-driven apps
- How to build beautiful location-based apps with the new map engine
Who this book is forThis book is intended for developers familiar with the Objective-C programming language and with an interest in developing apps for the iPhone and iPad. While a basic knowledge of Objective-C is expected, developers at all levels of app development will benefit from this book.