Laden Sie die kostenlose Kindle App herunter und lesen Sie Ihre Kindle-Bücher sofort auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet oder Computer – kein Kindle-Gerät erforderlich. Weitere Informationen
Lesen Sie mit dem Kindle Cloud Reader Ihre Kindle-Bücher sofort in Ihrem Browser.
Scannen Sie mit Ihrer Mobiltelefonkamera den folgenden Code und laden Sie die Kindle App herunter.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer oder E-Mail-Adresse ein
Über „Link senden“ stimmen Sie den Amazon-Nutzungsbedingungen zu.
Sie stimmen zu, unter der oben angegebenen Mobiltelefonnummer über die Kindle App eine automatisierte Textnachricht von oder im Namen von Amazon zu erhalten. Ihre Zustimmung ist keine Bedingung für einen Kauf. Möglicherweise fallen Kosten für Nachrichten und Daten an.
The World of Psychology Gebundene Ausgabe – 8. April 2004
Erweitern Sie Ihren Einkauf
The World of Psychology offers an accessible text that is designed to seamlessly combine basic learning principles with applications to address the needs of today's diverse student population.
Da, 11/18/03, coded; EDITOR: May ISBN: 0-205-36137-4 Priority: AAA Discount Code: x Previous Edition ISBN: 0-205-33427-X Title & Edition: The World of Psychology, 5/e Authors & Affiliations: Samuel E. Wood Lindenwood University Ellen Green Wood Denise Boyd Houston Community College System Publication Data: 2005 ¿ 8 1/2 x 10 7/8 ¿ 800 pg ¿ Hardcover Course Codes: SP0101
Designed as a main text for use in undergraduate Introductory Psychology courses.
The World of Psychology offers an accessible text that is designed to seamlessly combine basic learning principles with applications in a way that reflects the needs of today's diverse student population.
The Fifth Edition of Wood/Wood/Boyd reflects the authors' commitment to the importance of learning and applying core principles in psychology. Students and Instructors of The World of Psychology will benefit from the exciting new changes in content, pedagogy, and design while appreciating the accessible and engaging presentation for which the text is well known.
- The text's commitment to learning is most prominently reflected in the integration of the SQ3R learning method. The components of the SQ3R method are Survey, Question, Read, Recite, and Review. Below is a description of the SQ3R method found in the text:
- Chapter 1 introduces the method to students and it is reinforced where appropriate throughout the text to show the relationship between psychological theory and learning.
- Chapter opening question: A thought-provoking question that challenges students to think about the concept behind the opening vignette.
- Chapter opening vignette: These opening stories, based on real-life events, offer an accessible and interesting portal into the chapter discussion.
- Margin Learning Questions: Appearing at the beginning of the chapter and next to relevant sections in the chapter, Margin Learning questions challenge students to test their comprehension of the chapter coverage. These questions have been completely revised to provide an opportunity for students to think more critically about their answers.
- Remember It sections: Appearing after each major section, this quick review reinforces student comprehension by testing students on the material found in that section.
- Review and Reflect tables: These comprehensive summary tables help students consolidate major concepts, their components, and their relationships to one another in a visual form that provides a unique study tool.
- Summary and Review sections: Organized around the margin learning questions, this end of chapter summary provides students with a comprehensive study tool as well as a quick reference to the chapter's key terms by section.
- In addition to a strong learning pedagogy, this text shows students how to apply psychology to their world.
- Try It: This updated and popular tool provides simple applied experiments, self-assessments, and hands-on activities. Additional Try Its are available in the Instructors Manual for assignment or classroom use.
- Apply It boxes: At the end of each chapter, a practical application box combines scientific research with practical advice to show students how to apply psychology to their lives.
- This text stays committed to providing technological tools to enhance the learning process. Key technology tools for this edition:
- Tutor Center.
- Research Navigator.
- Companion Website.
New to This Edition
- The 5th edition reflects a renewed focus on learning.
- Moving the SQ3R learning method from the preface to Chapter 1, students are exposed to the benefits of this systematic approach to learning. Chapter 1 opens with the discussion of the SQ3R method.
- Where appropriate (e.g. Learning and Memory chapters), the SQ3R method is tied into core discussions to remind students that it is a system based in scientific research and that its benefits are easily achieved.
- A new comprehensive chapter on Industrial/Organizational psychology (Chapter 18: Psychology in the Workplace) was added to address the changing needs of both traditional and nontraditional students who are career-driven, have work experience, and who want to better understand the dynamics of today's competitive work environment.
- New co-author, Denise Boyd brings her passion for teaching introductory psychology to a diverse group of students in the Houston Community College system and her keen understanding of the need to balance psychological theory and everyday applications in an accessible and engaging manner.
- Updated references reflect current research and data, including an expansion of research in the fast-growing fields of brain function and evolutionary psychology.
- A complete guide to diversity coverage will be included in the text's preface for easy review and access.
- The new 5/e design is fluid, colorful, clean, and functional reflects the text's focus on learning.
- Examples, applications, and vignettes have been updated and added to reflect a more interesting, modern, and varied student population.
1. INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY.
Psychology: An Introduction.
Descriptive Research Methods.
The Experimental Method.
The Correlational Method.
Participants in Psychological Research.
Exploring Psychology's Roots.
Schools of Thought in Psychology.
Current Trends in Psychology.
Psychologists at Work.
2. BIOLOGY AND BEHAVIOR.
The Neurons and the Neurotransmitters.
The Central Nervous System.
The Cerebral Hemispheres.
Discovering the Brain's Mysteries.
The Brain Across the Lifespan.
The Peripheral Nervous System.
The Endocrine System.
Genes and Behavioral Genetics.
3. SENSATION AND PERCEPTION.
The Process of Sensation.
Smell and Taste.
The Skin Senses.
The Spatial Orientation Senses.
Influences On Perception.
4. STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS.
Meditation and Hypnosis.
Classical Conditioning: The Original View.
Classical Conditioning: The Contemporary View.
The Nature of Remembering.
Factors Influencing Retrieval.
Biology and Memory.
7. COGNITION AND LANGUAGE.
Imagery and Concepts.
High-Tech Applications of Cognition.
8. INTELLIGENCE AND CREATIVITY.
The Nature of Intelligence.
The Range of Intelligence.
The IQ Controversy: Brainy Dispute.
Creativity: Unique and Useful Productions.
9. CHILD DEVELOPMENT.
Developmental Psychology: Basic Issues and Methodology.
Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development.
Other Approaches To Cognitive Development.
Socialization of the Child.
10. ADOLESCENCE AND ADULTHOOD.
The Lifespan Perspective.
Early and Middle Adulthood.
11. MOTIVATION AND EMOTION.
What Is Motivation?
The Primary Drives.
The What and Why of Emotions.
The Expression of Emotion.
12. HUMAN SEXUALITY AND GENDER.
Sex, Gender, and Gender Roles.
Sexual Attitudes and Behavior.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
13. HEALTH AND STRESS.
Sources of Stress.
Responding to Stress.
Health and Illness.
Lifestyle and Health.
14. PERSONALITY THEORY AND ASSESSMENT.
Sigmund Freud and Psychoanalysis.
Learning Theories and Personality.
Humanistic Personality Theories.
Nature, Nurture, and Personality.
Personality Theories: A Final Comment.
15. PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS.
What is Abnormal?
Somatoform and Dissociative Disorders.
Other Psychological Disorders.
The Biological Therapies.
Evaluating the Therapies.
Culturally Sensitive and Gender-Sensitive Therapy.
17. SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY.
Conformity, Obedience, and Compliance.
Attitudes and Attitude Change.
Prejudice and Discrimination.
18. PSYCHOLOGY IN THE WORKPLACE.
Human Factors Psychology.
Gender Issues at Work.
Human Diversity in the Workplace.
Appendix: Statistical Methods.
- Herausgeber : Pearson; 5th Edition (8. April 2004)
- Sprache : Englisch
- Gebundene Ausgabe : 768 Seiten
- ISBN-10 : 0205361374
- ISBN-13 : 978-0205361373
- Abmessungen : 22.35 x 5.84 x 28.19 cm
Über die Autoren
Spitzenbewertung aus Deutschland
Derzeit tritt ein Problem beim Filtern der Rezensionen auf. Bitte versuchen Sie es später noch einmal.
Spitzenrezensionen aus anderen Ländern
There were only a few pages marked with highlighter, otherwise it looked brand new. My daughter needed it for a high school dual enrollment program and to get this book at the local college bookstores would have cost four times as much as I paid through this seller. Even to rent this book would have been more expensive. We are very pleased with this seller as far as timely delivery and condition of the book. Will use this seller again.