A moving, vital testament to one of slavery's "many thousands gone" who retained his humanity in the bowels of degradation (Saturday Review)
Twelve Years a Slave tells the remarkable true story of Solomon Northup, a free black man who was kidnapped in Washington D.C. in 1841 and sold into slavery—for twelve years.
Included this edition of 12 Years a Slave are:
• The complete unabridged text of Solomon Northup's Twelve Years a Slave, as well as the original classic illustrations, perfectly formatted for your Kindle reader.
• Four additional slave narratives, including Uncle Tom's Cabin and The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass.
• Links to free, full-length audio recordings of the narratives included in this collection.
• An individual, active Table of Contents for each book accessible from the Kindle "go to" feature.
• Perfect formatting in rich text compatible with Kindle's Text-to-Speech features.
• A low, can't-say-no price!
Five Complete Works
Five remarkable accounts of slavery in America. Works included:
• Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup* includes original illustrations!
• Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe* includes original illustrations by Hammatt Billings!
• Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass
• Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl by Harriet Ann Jacobs
• Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington
• A comprehensive list of the many film and television adaptations of the slave narratives included, as well as additional list of depictions of slavery in film.
• Links to free, full-length audio recordings of the narratives included in this collection, as well as other slave narratives by other authors.