About This Book
- Configure an Apache web server, MySQL or PostgreSQL database and a Postfix mail server with the help of Webmin
- Install and get to know Webmin - the friendly web-based administrator's toolbox
- Learn how to host web applications and databases
- Manage your servers with the help of detailed step-by-step recipes
Who This Book Is For
This book is perfect for System administrators who want to learn more advanced concepts of Webmin and how it can help to set up a server for development, testing or deployment.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to install, configure, and use Webmin
- Set up file sharing over FTP, SFTP, NFS, and CIFS (Windows Networking)
- Monitor the state of your server and analyze system logs
- Get started with popular technologies such as WordPress, Drupal, and Django
- Learn to manage files and folders on your system
- Run an Apache web server
- Set up web applications written in PHP and Python
Running your own dedicated server has become simpler and less expensive. These days, administering a development server or hosting sites and web applications has become part of the job for many developers. Webmin is an easy-to-use web-based tool which makes getting started with new administrative tasks and performing common jobs more simple and efficient.
Webmin Administrator's Cookbook offers practical, step-by-step recipes covering a range of topics related to setting up and administering a server. The book will show you how Webmin can help you configure an Apache web server, MySQL server, or PostgreSQL database server, as well as how to set up web applications running in PHP or Python.
The book starts by showing you how to set up Webmin on your server and provides you with clear, practical tutorials on configuring various services needed to run a full-fledged web server.
The book provides a handy reference for performing various administrative tasks using Webmin. Whether you want to lock down your server to put it on the Internet or open up more convenient access for use on an internal network, you'll learn how Webmin can help you do it.The book provides recipes for running Apache, MySQL, and PostgreSQL and for getting started with PHP, WordPress, Drupal, Python, and Django.Webmin Administrator's Cookbook will enable you to step more confidently into the world of server administration and prove to be a valuable add-on to your arsenal.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende