WebKit is the key to creating mobile apps that run on all devices - learn to use it now!
What do Android phones, iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry devices, Kindles, and most other mobile devices have in common? They all have web browsers powered by WebKit, the de facto cross-platform mobile app standard. Whether you're a business owner seeking to go mobile or a developer wanting to create dynamite mobile apps, this book will help you get there!
* The big picture - get an overview of mobile web app design and the browser engine that makes it possible
* Create your first app - develop several web apps from scratch, learn about mobile app testing, and use real-world tools and techniques such as jQuery Mobile and Mobile Boilerplate
* Optimizing secrets - find out how to optimize your apps for performance and for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and webOS
* Get more advanced - explore how to use PhoneGap to convert apps from web to native, add advanced graphics and animation, maximize your use of phone features, and beef up your apps
Open the book and find:
* Some background on how browsers work
* The difference between web apps and native apps
* Useful keyboard and menu shortcuts
* How to make WebKit your default browser
* Design tips for mobile apps
* Tips on maximizing touch events
* Online performance testing tools
* Acquire, install, and use the latest version of WebKit
* Optimize your apps for iPhone(r), iPad(r), Android, Blackberry(r), Safari(r), and Chrome
* Use WebKit's cutting-edge features and functions
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Chris Minnick is the CEO of Minnick Web Services, the founder of ContentBoxer.com, and the CTO of MealMobs.com. He teaches and consults on the mobile web and has written numerous books and articles on various Internet-related topics since the mid-1990s. Follow his blog at www.chrisminnick.com.