- Taschenbuch: 128 Seiten
- Verlag: Course Technology Inc; Auflage: 30th Anniversary edition (Juli 2003)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1560526793
- ISBN-13: 978-1560526797
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 0,8 x 21,6 x 27,9 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
Nr. 265.157 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
- Nr. 142 in Fremdsprachige Bücher > Business, Karriere & Geld > Management & Führung > Planungen & Prognosen
- Nr. 828 in Fremdsprachige Bücher > Business, Karriere & Geld > Management & Führung > Entscheidungsfindung & Problemlösung
- Nr. 1128 in Fremdsprachige Bücher > Business, Karriere & Geld > Organisationales Verhalten
Universal Traveler: A Soft-Systems Guide to Creativity, Problem-Solving, and the Process of Reaching Goals (Englisch) Taschenbuch – Special Edition, Juli 2003
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
This unique book will open your eyes to effective and stimulating formulas for solving problems. Discover how techniques developed in specialized disciplines can be applied to almost any business, social, or personal situation.
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
It is true that the UT is a tremendous aid in unlocking a creative spirit necessary to various design problem situations. But the real power of the book is to be found when it is applied to all aspects of one's life in general. This is due to the fact that, for those more philosophically minded, The Universal Traveler method embodies a "moderate realist" approach to reality. In the process of solving problems, or improving situations as Koberg and Bagnall term it, you can make tremendous discoveries regarding both the structure of reality and, most important, the character of your self.
Should you choose to purchase and use this book, I would like to offer you some advice: read the book twice and then use it exactly as Koberg and Bagnall suggest. Start with small and limited projects and develop your understanding of the method before you move on to bigger and more complex ones. ** You will only unlock the power of this work by using the method. "" And, lastly, I would highly recommend you find one of the early editions, 1971 to 1976. There was a magic in the early work that seems to have been lost in the more "improved" editions.
I would like to thank publicly both Don Koberg and Jim Bagnall for having written this book. I can state without hesitation that it ranks among the top 10 books I have ever read. I use the UT process/method daily. As I have said over the years to the countless people to whom I have recommended this book, " . . . it is worth its weight in gold."
If I controlled the world, design process would be taught right along side of reading, writing, math and science. Design is the overarching, integrative, unifying thought process needed to plow through the many muddles of our contemporary era. We don't need ideology, we need design methodology (for everyone).
Read this book and take it seriously. Apply it to your life and profession. It will open your eyes to new possibilities, and empower you to find an approach to difficult challenges. You will no longer think in nouns, but more in verbs. There are no solutions, only solutioning. Understanding this is liberating.
This book, if you really get it, is tranformational. When I taught these methods, the "A" students rebelled, wanting me to provide the same old fixed star answers so that they might report them back to me on tests. The smartest students, not "A" students, were ignited by the prospect of "answering", rather than being furnished the answers. Design process is the management of "answering", while understanding that the answers will never be perfect and must be tuned and tinkered along the way.
Become a life designer, not a solution subscriber. Get this book. It has been pivotal in my life. Perhaps the most important book I ever read. Teach it to your children and grandchildren. Use this design approach to manage change and find solutions. It works.
Ähnliche Artikel finden
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Belletristik > Populäre Belletristik
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Business, Karriere & Geld > Management & Führung > Entscheidungsfindung & Problemlösung
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Business, Karriere & Geld > Management & Führung > Planungen & Prognosen
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Business, Karriere & Geld > Organisationales Verhalten
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Gesundheit, Geist & Körper > Selbsthilfe > Persönliche Verwandlung