Leading Experts Speak to Singers
The contributors to “The Ultimate Guide to Singing” have, between them, 92 Grammys and Grammy nominations, 193 books, 1,772 albums and nearly 300 Million YouTube views. A host of famous artists including Kimbra, Beardyman, Joey Belladonna and many others join forces with leading doctors, surgeons, producers, coaches, technologists and social media experts for the most comprehensive and user-friendly manual yet produced for today’s singers.
Focused Actions for the Voice
There are 18 chapters packed with specific actions for singers when it comes to promoting their voice, developing their technique, improving their heath, mastering their live or recorded sound and dealing with money and marketing. Each action has been especially crafted to be relevant and easy to read.
The book contains 187 Frequently Asked Questions –real questions asked by real singers of rock, pop, soul, metal, jazz – all contemporary genres. Each question has been carefully matched to an expert in the field so that singers have at their fingertips insights on everything from rescuing their voice to promoting their music.
The Ultimate How-To Manual for Singers
With 18 information-packed chapters, focused actions and myriads of questions answered and leading experts, The Ultimate Guide to Singing promises to be the leading resource for singers who want to develop their voice and their career.
- Kimbra – Grammy Award winning artist
- David Frangioni – engineer to Ozzy Osbourne, Steven Tyler and more...
- Brian Felsen – President of CD Baby
- Al Schmitt – Engineer and Producer with more than 150 gold and platinum albums
- Divinity Roxx – artist with Kanye West, Jay-Z and Destiny’s Child...
- Robert Bastian – leading surgeon, named as one of “America’s Top Doctors”
- PLUS Over 100 more from every area of the Music Industry.
- Focused Actions For Moving Ahead with Your Singing, Sound and Career
- Your Questions Answered - Experts from Across the Music Industry Respond to 187 Questions
- Over a 100 Professional Contributors with 94 Grammys and Grammy nominations, 193 Books, 1,772 Albums and 280 million YouTube hits
Content That Moves Your Voice Forward
This is the only book you’ll ever need to stay in control of every area of your singing life. From finding fans to using the flange effect – it’s all here. Chapters include:
• Vocal Technique in the Trenches
• Recording Your Voice
• Your Vocal Effects
• Creating an Unforgettable Vocal Connection
• Promotion and Social Media
• Making Money at Live Gigs
There are EIGHTEEN chapters in all - covering all aspects of your sound, your promotion, your gear, your health and even your money.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
TC-Helicon The company is known worldwide for its team of musicians and developers who spend every moment of their working lives listening, talking, singing and interacting with vocalists and those who share the passion for the most beautiful instrument in the world. TC-Helicon is the only pro audio company that is 100% dedicated to the performance needs of singers.
Gregory A. Barker, PhD is the Commissioning Editor of VoiceCouncil Magazine, the leading on-line publication for emerging vocal artists. He is also a published author with Oxford University Press and an educational and business consultant.
Kathy Alexander is a staff writer at VoiceCouncil Magazine. Kathy is also a singer, vocal coach and choir director. She has appeared in Vision TV, The Sooke Philharmonic Orchestra and the Victoria International Jazz Festival.