Unlock the business intelligence hidden in your data using visual analytics
Every enterprise has data scattered across many different systems, spreadsheets, and databases. Expert Daniel Murray explains how to create insight by building your knowledge of Tableau Desktop, adding best practices learned from working with big data at the most demanding enterprise clients in the world. You will learn about proven methods for building dashboards that load quickly and clearly communicate the information you uncover. Then you'll learn the best practices for installing, configuring, and maintaining Tableau Server to insure high availability and good data governance. Case studies are provided to show you how other enterprises have leveraged Tableau to achieve excellent outcomes.
* Reduce the backlog of information requests in your IT Group by enabling information consumers to build their own reports without sacrificing good data governance
* Keep pace with the accelerating volume, variety, and velocity of data by leveraging Tableau's ability to connect to over 35 different enterprise data sources
* Combine disparate data sets from proprietary and public data sources to build interactive dashboards in a fraction of the time required by traditional BI tools
* Enhance information contained in your source data by leveraging Tableau's ad hoc sets, groups, calculation functions, and table calculations to provide dynamic and insightful analysis
* Leverage Tableau's unique ability to run in memory or via direct connections to data sources to effectively manage limited hardware resources and insure high availability and good performance
* Support your managers' intuition with timely and insightful analysis that can adapt at the speed of their thought
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Daniel G. Murray founded the Tableau/BI practice at InterWorks, Inc., one of Tableau's trusted professional services partners. He was selected to write this book by Tableau Software, reflecting InterWorks' leading position in consulting and training on Tableau Software.