Switched Networks Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Switched Networks course in the Cisco® Networking Academy® CCNA® Routing and Switching curriculum.
This course describes the architecture, components, and operations of a converged switched network. You will learn about the hierarchical network design model and how to configure a switch for basic and advanced functionality. By the end of this course, you will be able to troubleshoot and resolve common issues with Virtual LANs and inter-VLAN routing in a converged network. You will also develop the knowledge and skills needed to implement a WLAN in a small-to-medium network.
The Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time.
The book’s features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
- Chapter objectives–Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key terms–Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter.
- Glossary–Consult the comprehensive Glossary more than 300 terms.
- Summary of Activities and Labs–Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Check Your Understanding–Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
Switched Networks Lab Manual
- How To–Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
- Interactive Activities–Reinforce your understanding of topics with all the different exercises from the online course identified throughout the book with this icon.
- Videos–Watch the videos embedded within the online course.
- Packet Tracer Activities–Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer exercises interspersed throughout the chapters.
- Hands-on Labs–Work through all the course labs and Class Activities that are included in the course and published in the separate Lab Manual.