- Taschenbuch: 456 Seiten
- Verlag: Human Kinetics Publishers; Auflage: 4 ed (17. Februar 2012)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1450400515
- ISBN-13: 978-1450400510
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 21 x 2,5 x 26,7 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 1 Kundenrezension
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 424.546 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
- Komplettes Inhaltsverzeichnis ansehen
Successful Coaching-4th Edition (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 17. Februar 2012
|Neu ab||Gebraucht ab|
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Rainer Martens, PhD, has coached at the youth, high school, and collegiate levels and has studied sport as a research scientist. The founder and president of Human Kinetics, he also started the American Sport Education Program, the largest coaching education program in the United States. An internationally recognized sport psychologist, Martens is the author of more than 80 scholarly articles and 17 books. He has also been a featured speaker at more than 100 conferences around the world and has conducted more than 150 workshops and clinics for coaches and athletes at all levels.
After receiving his PhD in physical education from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana in 1968, Martens was a member of its faculty for 16 years. A past president of the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education, he has been recognized for his contribution to sport by the National Recreation and Park Association and by his induction into the National Association for Sport and Physical Education Hall of Fame. He has received Distinguished Alumni awards from Hutchinson High School, Emporia State University in Kansas (where he earned a bachelor's degree), the University of Montana (where he earned a master's degree), and the University of Illinois.
Martens continues to enjoy sport today, especially senior softball. He has been playing slowpitch softball for 45 years and currently plays for and coaches the most successful senior slowpitch team in the United States, the Florida Legends. In 2009, he was inducted into the National Senior Softball Hall of Fame. Martens and his wife, Julie, live in Ormond Beach, Florida.
Derzeit tritt ein Problem beim Filtern der Rezensionen auf. Bitte versuchen Sie es später noch einmal.
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com
- lots of topics
- chapters are well-categorized and information within them make sense
- good for any sport (though it does have somewhat of a basketball lean)
- lots of good info-graphics, tables, checklists, pictures, etc so you are not just reading listlessly
- good information for all levels of coaching
- the list goes on and on - this is quite possibly the best book I have bought from Amazon so far
- Big (over 500 pages)
- Would like to see more info in the "practice as games (paraphrase)" section
- Some information in the supplement breakdown is contrary to the information I am familiar with
** Added Bonus **
Apparently this book is also the curriculum for a college course, so whether you are just thinking about buying it and want more information, or you already own it and want a "quick reference" there is a very good support site here:
I have read several books on coaching, and this is by far, the most comprehensive. It is easy to read and quite informative. Covers areas including self-assessment, tactical and technical coaching, practices, psychology, communication (with players, officials, even assistant coaches!), staff management, and even record keeping!