Take the guesswork out of using regular expressions. With more than 140 practical recipes, this cookbook provides everything you need to solve a wide range of real-world problems. Novices will learn basic skills and tools, and programmers and experienced users will find a wealth of detail. Each recipe provides samples you can use right away.
- Learn regular expressions basics through a detailed tutorial
- Use code listings to implement regular expressions with your language of choice
- Understand how regular expressions differ from language to language
- Handle common user input with recipes for validation and formatting
- Find and manipulate words, special characters, and lines of text
- Detect integers, floating-point numbers, and other numerical formats
- Parse source code and process log files
- Use regular expressions in URLs, paths, and IP addresses
- Manipulate HTML, XML, and data exchange formats
- Discover little-known regular expression tricks and techniques
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Jan Goyvaerts runs Just Great Software, where he designs and develops some of the most popular regular expression software. His products include RegexBuddy, the world's only regular expression editor that emulates the peculiarities of 15 regular expression flavors, and PowerGREP, the most feature-rich grep tool for Microsoft Windows.