More and more companies are realizing the power and potential of Cloud computing as a viable way to save energy and money. This valuable book offers an in-depth look at a wide range of Cloud topics unlike any other book on the market. Examining how Cloud services allows users to pay as they go for exactly what they use, this guide explains how companies can easily scale their Cloud use up and down to fit their business requirements. After an introduction to Cloud computing, you'll discover how to prepare your environment for the Cloud and learn all about Office 365 and Azure.
- Examines a diverse range of Cloud topics, with special emphasis placed on how Cloud computing can save businesses energy and money
- Shows you how to prepare your environment for the Cloud
- Addresses Office 365, including infrastructure services, SharePoint 2010 online, SharePoint online development, Exchange online development, and Lync online development
- Discusses working with Azure, including setting it up, leveraging Blob storage, building Azure applications, programming, and debugging
- Offers advice for deciding when to use Azure and when to use Office 365 and looks at hybrid solutions between Azure and Office 365
Tap into the potential of Azure and Office 365 with this helpful resource.
As more and more companies turn to the cloud to cut IT costs and boost productivity, developers are left scrambling to get up to speed on this web-based service. Now you can discover what all the buzz is about. This guide explains how to prepare your environment for the cloud. It uncovers the ins and outs of Microsoft Office 365 and Windows Azure so you can easily scale your cloud to fit your business requirements. You'll be up and running in no time, providing immediate access to business-critical information.
Programming Microsoft's Clouds: Windows Azure and Office 365:
* Unveils Office 365, including infrastructure services, SharePoint 2010 online, SharePoint online development, and Exchange online development
* Discusses setting up Windows Azure, building Azure applications, programming, and debugging
* Covers how to get the most out of Lync development
* Shows how to leverage Blob storage to provide the backbone of your applications
* Explores the AppFabric Service Bus, Access Control Services, and Connect fundamentals
* Offers advice for deciding when to use Windows Azure or Office 365 and looks at hybrid solutions
Wrox Expert books present the wisdom accumulated by an experienced author team that is recognized as experts by the programming community. These experts challenge professional developers to examine their current practices in pursuit of better results.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.