- Taschenbuch: 484 Seiten
- Verlag: Apress; Auflage: 1st ed. (21. Dezember 2011)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1430232463
- ISBN-13: 978-1430232469
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 19 x 2,8 x 23,5 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 2.487.569 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
- Komplettes Inhaltsverzeichnis ansehen
Andere Verkäufer auf Amazon
+ kostenlose Lieferung
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
|5 Sterne (0%)|
|4 Sterne (0%)|
|3 Sterne (0%)|
|2 Sterne (0%)|
|1 Stern (0%)|
Dieses Produkt bewerten
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com
After 100 pages, I gave up.
This book was torpedoed by unbelievably atrocious editing; so bad, in fact, I'm not even sure anyone reviewed it before publishing. I wish I was kidding.
Among the many mistakes that mar the pages: missing examples, images that do not match their captions, extraordinarily poor image quality, poor to non-existent lingo explanations, examples that do nothing to clarify points (if not further confuse them), basic grammatical errors, and more below in my original review.
If the book fails to follow basic grammar and can't select graphics that either match their caption or competently illustrate a point, how can I trust that the technical information is correct?
Bottom line: I can't trust the information in this book.
ORIGINAL REVIEW -------------------------------------
I'm really torn about this book.
It has everything I want to know; it is so full of potential.
However, 59 pages in, I find myself very distracted by the many "quirks" which seem to point to extremely poor editing.
* The introduction is riddled with missing spaces, starting on the very first line (after, on a personal note, a pretentious quote from Marcel Proust). There is a chance that the font could be to blame, but it's an ignominious beginning.
*There's a word missing on page 8: "One of the key points that you in this book is that..."
* There's a word/suffix missing on page 17: "However, you shouldn't forget it when work in a team."
* The graphics are of poor quality. Often, two screens are compared using a bold line around elements to highlight differences. But these highlights either look like part of the design or are dark lines on top of a dark background.
* Graphics rarely illustrate/emphasize points successfully and more often than not raise more questions.
* Jargon is used before explanation. When the explanations are finally given, they often include other unexplained vocabulary.
* Some concepts are named, barely described, grouped by unidentified criteria, then put aside for no given reason.
* The reader is then told "you also know how to modify this process in order to optimize..." after pages of rarely explained, bulletted lists. I don't know how that qualifies the reader to do anything.
* The author offers an exercise to familiarize the reader with all the iWebKit framework elements. That exercise is to open a new document, then test every single element. Really?!
I can't, in good conscience, return the book now after visible wear and tear. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, push on, and hope this book can live up to my expectations.
I felt that I had to put these issues in a review because I like to know these things before I buy a book. I'll revisit this review when I finish the book.