About This Book
- This is a step-by-step guide that will have you quickly creating eye-catching data visualizations
- Includes a sample MongoDB database of web clickstream events for learning how to model and query MongoDB data
- Full of tips, images, and exercises that cover the Pentaho development lifecycle
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for business analysts, data architects, and developers new to either Pentaho or MongoDB who want to be able to deliver a complete solution for storing, processing, and visualizing data. It's assumed that you will already have experience defining data requirements needed to support business processes and exposure to database modeling, SQL query, and reporting techniques.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Pentaho and MongoDB
- Discover MongoDB data models and the implications of collection design on queries
- Use the Mongo shell for database commands and queries
- Familiarize yourself with Pentaho Instaview for instant analysis on MongoDB data
- Discover Pentaho Data Integration for blending and enriching your MongoDB data
- Create prompted reports in Pentaho Report Designer
- Assemble interactive dashboards using Pentaho Dashboard Designer
Pentaho Analytics for MongoDB will teach you MongoDB and Pentaho integration points and developer skills needed to create turnkey analytic solutions that deliver insight and drive value for your organization.
Starting with how to install, configure, and develop content in both Pentaho and MongoDB, this book will give you the complete range of skills needed to gain insight into MongoDB data using Pentaho Business Analytics. You will learn about MongoDB data models and query techniques, which are covered in combination with the provided sample MongoDB database. You then advance to data integration, analysis, and reporting using Pentaho.
You will learn how to use Pentaho Data Integration to blend and enrich data from additional sources. From this blended data, you will develop professional-looking reports and analysis views that are visual and interactive. Lastly, we will cover the Pentaho web portal and web interfaces for deploying analytics out to a broader set of consumer users.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Bo Borland is the vice president of field technical sales at Pentaho, a leading Big Data analytics software provider. He has a passion for building teams and helping companies improve performance with data analytics. Prior to joining Pentaho, Bo worked as a management consultant at Deloitte and as a solution architect at Cognos, an IBM company. He founded a successful analytics consulting company, Management Signals, which merged with Pentaho in 2012. His 14 years' experience in professional analytics includes roles in management, sales, consulting, and sales engineering. Pentaho Corporation is a leading Big Data analytics company headquartered in Orlando, FL, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Portugal. Pentaho tightly couples data integration with full business analytics capabilities into a single, integrated software platform. The company's subscriptionbased software offers SMEs and global enterprises the ability to reduce the time taken to design, develop, and deploy Big Data analytics solutions.