So, you survived the first semester of Organic Chemistry (maybe even by the skin of your teeth) and now it's time to get back to the classroom and lab! Organic Chemistry II For Dummies is an easy-to-understand reference to this often challenging subject.
Thanks to this book, you'll get friendly and comprehensible guidance on everything you can expect to encounter in your Organic Chemistry II course.
- An extension of the successful Organic Chemistry I For Dummies
- Covers topics in a straightforward and effective manner
- Explains concepts and terms in a fast and easy-to-understand way
Whether you're confused by composites, baffled by biomolecules, or anything in between, Organic Chemistry II For Dummies gives you the help you need — in plain English!
Whether you're confused by carbocations or baffled by biomolecules, this straightforward, easy-to-read guide demystifies Organic Chemistry II. From appreciating aromatic compounds to comprehending carbonyls, you'll discover what you need to know about organic reactions in order to master the course and score high on your exams!
* Get comfortable with the course -- follow your coursework alongside the book, as it corresponds to a typical second semester college-level organic chemistry class
* Refresh your knowledge of key topics -- from mechanisms to alcohol and ethers, from conjugated unsaturated systems to electrophiles and nucleophiles, get prepped for Organic II
* Grasp carbonyl group basics -- get an overview of structure, reactivity, and spectroscopy before delving deeper into aldehydes and ketones, enols and enolates, and carboxylic acids and their derivatives
* Ace advanced topics -- take a closer look at nitrogen compounds, organometallic compounds, the Claisen Condensation and its variations, and biomolecules, such as carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins
Open the book and find:
* A review of Organic Chemistry I
* Clear descriptions of organic reactions
* Spectroscopy of aromatic compounds and carbonyls
* All you need to know about amines
* An explanation of the infamous Grignard reaction
* Hints for working with synthesis and roadmaps
* Surefire ways to fail the course (and how to avoid them!)
* Ten tips for increasing your exam scores
* Understand the physical and chemical properties of organic compounds
* Observe from a macro-scopic and micro-scopic view
* Grasp chemical and organic reactions
* Follow along and ace your Organic Chemistry II course