Pro Oracle Database 12c Administration is a book focused on results. Author Darl Kuhn draws from a well of experience over a decade deep to lay out real-world techniques that lead to success as an Oracle Database administrator. He gives clear explanations on how to perform critical tasks. He weaves in theory where necessary without bogging you down in unneeded detail. He is not afraid to take a stand on how things should be done. He wont leave you adrift in a sea of choices, showing you three ways to do something and then walking away.
Database administration isnt about passing a certified exam, or about pointing-and-clicking your way through a crisis. Database administration is about applying the right solution at the right time, about avoiding risk, about making robust choices that get you home each night in time for dinner with your family. If you have buck stops here responsibility for an Oracle database, then Pro Oracle Database 12c Administration is the book you need to help elevate yourself to the level of Professional Oracle Database Administrator.
- Covers multi-tenant container and pluggable database implementation and management
- Condenses and organizes the core job of a database administrator into one volume.
- Takes a results-oriented approach to getting things done.
- Lays a foundation upon which to build a senior level of expertise
What youll learn
- Create a stable environment consistent across all databases that you manage
- Manage pluggable and multi-tenant databases
- Take care of job #1: backing up, and then recovering when needed
- Manage users and objects, and the security between them
- Do battle with largelarge databases and large objects
- Move and distribute data using Data Pump, materialized views, external tables
- Automate critical jobs and tackle database troubleshooting problems