Based on Big Nerd Ranch's popular Objective-C Bootcamp, Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide covers C, Objective-C, and the common programming idioms that enable developers to make the most of Apple technologies. Compatible with Xcode 5, iOS 7, and OS X Mavericks (10.9), this guide features short chapters and an engaging style to keep you motivated and moving forward. At the same time, it encourages you to think critically as a programmer.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Using Xcode, Apple’s documentation, and other tools
- Programming basics: variables, loops, functions, etc.
- Objects, classes, methods, and messages
- Pointers, addresses, and memory management with ARC
- Properties and Key-Value Coding (KVC)
- Class extensions
- Classes from the Foundation framework
- Delegation, target-action, and notification design patterns
- Key-Value Observing (KVO)
- Runtime basics
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Mikey Ward is a senior iOS and Cocoa instructor at Big Nerd Ranch. Mikey also convenes the Atlanta chapter of CocoaHeads, a worldwide group devoted to discussion of Apple's frameworks for writing Mac and iOS applications.
Big Nerd Ranch is a unique software engineering and training company where monastic principles drive technological development. Since 2001, the company has been helping students master programming languages through public enrollment bootcamps, private corporate on-site training, and a growing roster of programming books. Big Nerd Ranch offers consultative services to a broad array of clients, shaping their mobile strategies and developing fresh and engaging mobile and desktop applications.