- Taschenbuch: 456 Seiten
- Verlag: John Wiley & Sons; Auflage: 10 (12. April 2013)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1118474082
- ISBN-13: 978-1118474082
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 18,8 x 2,3 x 23,6 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 12 Kundenrezensionen
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 379.899 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
- Komplettes Inhaltsverzeichnis ansehen
Networking For Dummies (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 12. April 2013
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Welche anderen Artikel kaufen Kunden, nachdem sie diesen Artikel angesehen haben?
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
* Build and use a wired or wireless network
* Set up a network for all major operating systems, including Windows 8
* Safely connect your network to the Internet
* Secure, optimize, and troubleshoot your network
Need networking know-how? From getting started to network management, here's the scoop
A network can make everything in your office easier, except the part about setting one up. Well, relax -- this book has that covered! If you're just finding out what a server is, start with Part I. Setup instructions are in Parts II and III. Need to learn about using the cloud, network security, or virtualization? It's all in Parts IV through VI!
* Networking 101 -- find everything a network newbie needs to know about day-to-day network use without tackling the technical stuff
* Setup steps -- learn to build a network, from choosing the operating system to installing the cable and configuring server computers
* Make mine mobile -- explore cloud computing and learn to incorporate smartphones and tablets into your network
* Toughen it up -- strengthen your network to fend off infiltrators and harden it against viruses and spyware
* Network maintenance -- discover how to make backups, enhance network performance, and keep your network running smoothly
* Virtual savings -- see how virtualization can help you avoid buying additional server computers
* The other guys -- learn how to set up a network using Linux computers or Macs
Open the book and find:
* The many advantages of a network
* All about TCP/IP and IP addresses
* Tips on configuring Windows clients
* Everything you need to know about wireless
* Advice on managing user accounts
* Security considerations for mobile devices on your network
* Backup methods and how to choose one
* Ten things to keep in your closet
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Doug Lowe is the information technology director for a civil engineering firm in Clovis, CA. Doug has been managing networks for more than 20 years. He has written 50+ technology books demystifying everything from memory management to creating web pages, among them Electronics All-in-One For Dummies.
This book is imprecise. Doesn't tell you how to do things, it just says that (by the act of god) things can be done. Sometimes this information is even misleading.
Be aware! If you want to learn something about networking DON'T BUY this book.
If you want my book I can sell it for half the price! (I would give it for free, but this is to protect you)
By the way, Doug Lowe jokes are not that good...
Before buying the book I had searched the Web in vain (both computing-specific sites and search engines) looking for answers to these questions. This book provided the information I needed to answer all five questions. The information is very product specific (eg, Novell NetWare can be difficult to install and the complication and expense is not justified for a five-user network; a peer-to-peer LAN is easy to set up with Win95 or Win98; PCI network cards are much easier to configure than the older styles). The book is well written (ie, easy to read, to-the-point, relevant).
If you decide to install a peer-to-peer LAN with Win98, this is probably the only book you will need. If you decide to install a client/server LAN with a network operating system (NOS) such as NetWare or NT Server, you will probably need a book specific to those systems for installation and maintenance (there are Dummy books for both systems - which I haven't yet read). If you don't know which NOS to use, this book can help you decide.
Möchten Sie weitere Rezensionen zu diesem Artikel anzeigen?
Die neuesten Kundenrezensionen
Ähnliche Artikel finden