Debunking the myth of Stargate Universe's unpopularity, HEY NETFLIX! SAVE STARGATE UNIVERSE! presents compelling evidence of the TV series' hidden audience of millions of viewers who went uncounted in its television ratings, and that Netflix is the perfect network to bring them Stargate Universe (SGU) season 3 and beyond.
Though Netflix has not revived SGU, the fan campaign culminated in the production of an officially sanctioned Stargate Universe comic book series (aka graphic novels) based on plot outlines by series co-creator Robert C. Cooper. The purpose of HEY NETFLIX! SAVE STARGATE UNIVERSE--the continuation of SGU's story--has therefore been served. The book remains available for posterity, but is no longer part of the effort to revive SGU.
Author royalties from the book sales were heretofore used to support the campaign to revive Stargate Universe, in part by mailing paperback copies to Netflix executives and others who might help. Recipients included:
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist
- Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist
- Bill Nye the Science Guy, scientist/science educator
- Reed Hastings, Netflix CEO
- Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer
- Kelly Merryman, Netflix VP of Content Acquisition
- Cindy Holland, Netflix VP of Original Content
- Kelly Bennett, Netflix Chief Marketing Officer
- A. George "Skip" Battle, Netflix board director
- Michael Humphrey, Forbes technology writer
- Mike Hopkins, Hulu CEO
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO
Heartfelt thanks to all who helped make SGU's revival possible. Stargate Universe lives because of you!