Dictionaries by Leksyka.pl are being created since 2001 and, as the name suggests, are meant to encompass all vocabulary of a given language. This is the first project of this kind in the world.
The highest level of professionalism and functionality has been documented by two tests of computer dictionaries performed up to date. In both of them Leksyka won the competition, and was granted the highest appreciation.
CATEGORIES, e.g. medicine, law, technology, economy, dentistry, anatomy, biology, chemistry, botany, zoology and many, many more!
Here's why you should use iLeksyka:
* over 600,000 main entries and more than 1,000,000 translations,
* synonyms and similar entries,
* examples of use make it easier to understand the context,
* over 50 specialty fields developed by specialists: physicians, lawyers, engineers, etc.,
* frequent updates allow enriching the database - new entries are added daily,
* specialist entries are briefly explained,
* separate American and British spelling,
* included acronyms,
* prompt search for entries while you type,
* bookmarks allowing collecting favorite or especially difficult entries,
* no need to connect to the Internet,
* active links to other entries,
* quiz allowing learning new words and expressions selected by the user
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The iLeksyka Deluxe English-Polish Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Ability to add bookmarks to favorite words
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
+ Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
+ Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
+ Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Convenient two pane design for tablets
* Fast article scrolling
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
* Support for memory cards