Teach yourself how to build applications with Microsoft Visual C# 2012 and Visual Studio 2012—one step at a time. Ideal for those with fundamental programming skills, this tutorial provides practical, learn-by-doing exercises for mastering core C# language features and creating working applications and components for Windows.
Discover how to:
- Work with variables, non-reserved identifiers, statements, operators, and methods
- Use the new application models provided by Windows 8 and the Windows Runtime
- Create interfaces and define abstract classes
- Manage errors and exception handling
- Use collection classes
- Work with databases by using DataBinding with the Entity Framework
- Respond to user input and gestures; gather input from devices and other sources
- Handle events arising from multiple sources
- Develop your first Windows 8 apps
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
John Sharp is the author of Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation Step by Step and Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Step by Step. An expert on developing applications with the Microsoft .NET Framework and interoperability issues, John has produced numerous tutorials, white papers, and presentations on distributed systems, web services, and the C# language.