A unique, comprehensive guide to creating custom apps with VBA
Automating computing tasks to increase productivity is a goal for businesses of all sizes. Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is a version of Visual Basic designed to be easily understandable for novice programmers, but still powerful enough for IT professionals who need to create specialized business applications. With this invaluable book, you'll learn how to extend the capabilities of Office 2013 applications with VBA programming and use it for writing macros, automating Office applications, and creating custom applications in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Covers the basics of VBA in clear, systematic tutorials and includes intermediate and advanced content for experienced VB developers
- Explores recording macros and getting started with VBA; learning how to work with VBA; using loops and functions; using message boxes, input boxes, and dialog boxes; creating effective code; XML-based files, ActiveX, the developer tab, content controls, add-ins, embedded macros, and security
- Anchors the content with solid, real-world projects in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
Covering VBA for the entire suite of Office 2013 applications, Mastering VBA for Microsoft Office 2013 is mandatory reading.
Customize Office, streamline tasks, and be far more productive by leveraging Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to automate and extend Microsoft Office. VBA is built into Office 2013 applications and is easily understood even by non-programmers. It is powerful enough for IT professionals to create custom business applications for the enterprise. This detailed book covers it all-the basics for beginners and advanced content for experienced VB developers. You'll learn how to use VBA to create macros, simplify Office tasks, and create custom solutions for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
* Recording, writing, and running macros in Office 2013
* Tapping into the power of the VBA Editor
* Understanding the essentials of VBA terminology
* Finding the objects, methods, and properties you need
* Using built-in functions and creating your own
* Creating simple dialog boxes and complex forms
* Writing well-behaved, debugged, and secure code
* Managing cloud storage with SkyDrive and Dropbox
* Customizing Word, Excel(r), PowerPoint(r), Outlook(r), and Access(r)
* Accessing one application from another
* Programming the Office 2013 ribbon
Streamline and Automate Tasks with VBA for Office 2013
Create Custom Apps for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
Master the Information You Need, from Basic to Advanced
Enhance Your Skills with Real-World Examples and Projects