About This Book
- Learn how to provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
- Walk through every aspect of visualization using Proxmox, from a basic cluster to complex multi-cluster setups
- A practical, scenario-based guide featuring best practices which will show you everything you need to know to tackle any Proxmox cluster
Who This Book Is For
If you already know what the word "virtualization" means and you are ready to stand out from the crowd equipped with the unique ability to design and implement a rock-solid virtualized network environment using Proxmox, then you have just picked up the only book you will need. Linux system administration experience together with knowledge of networking and virtualization concepts is assumed. This book is also useful if you are already using Proxmox and simply want to master its advanced features.
What You Will Learn
- Provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
- Configure virtual machines beyond the basic default setup
- Set up virtual environments of any size
- Set up scalable, distributed shared storage systems using Ceph
- Analyze real-world virtual environment scenarios and formulate Proxmox-based solutions
- Monitor resources and virtual machines to maintain performance and uptime
- Troubleshoot a virtual environment based on real-life scenarios
Proxmox is an open source virtualization management solution for servers. This book starts by guiding you through how to set up your very first Proxmox virtualization platform with minimal configuration.
The book will then make you familiar with the Proxmox GUI and the directory structure. We will then take a look at the shared storage system that Proxmox supports and its pros and cons. As we move on, you will learn how to configure virtual machines beyond the basic default setup as well as how networking is handled.
Setting up a Proxmox cluster in a production environment with minimum downtime will also be explained. Towards the end of the book, you will also learn about troubleshooting by looking at real-life problems.
We will also look at how to tackle the day-to-day challenges of an administrator managing Proxmox clusters.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Wasim Ahmed, born in Bangladesh and now a citizen of Canada, is a veteran of the IT world. He was introduced to computers in the year 1992 and never looked back. Wasim has deep knowledge and understanding of network virtualization, big data storage, and network security. By profession, Wasim is the CEO of an IT support and cloud service provider company based in Calgary, Alberta. He serves many companies and organizations through his company on a daily basis. Wasim's strength comes from the experience he gained through learning and serving continually. Wasim strives on finding the most effective solution at the most competitive price point. He hand-built over a dozen enterprise production virtual infrastructures using Proxmox and Ceph storage system. Wasim is notoriously known not to simply accept a technology based on its description alone, but put them through rigorous tests to check their validity. Any new technology that his company provides goes through months of continuous testing before it is accepted. Proxmox made the cut superbly.