This book will help you understand the capabilities of Microsoft Hyper-V, architect a Hyper-V solution for your datacenter, plan a deployment/migration, and then manage it all using native tools and System Center. Coverage also includes hybrid cloud scenarios specifically with Windows Azure to complete the full virtualization piece of providing data both on premise and off premise.
In addition, you will explore the Windows Azure capabilities for virtual machines and managing a hybrid cloud, including Windows Azure’s Internet as a Service (IaaS) and storage capabilities, how seamless management is possible with PowerShell and System Center, plus how Azure Storage can play a part in a company’s complete solution.
Key topics covered include: virtualization fundamentals, network virtualization, storage configuration, Hyper-V management and maintenance, failover clustering and migration, Hyper-V replica and cloud orchestration, private cloud implementation, Azure IaaS, Azure storage, managing with PowerShell, Hyper-V decoding, and Windows Server 2012 R2 integration.
Mastering Hyper-V 2012 R2 with System Center and Windows Azure provides a systematic approach to learning the features and function of Hyper-V, and shows you how to get the most from your virtualized network. Microsoft MVP and technical specialist John Savill guides you through the Hyper-V setup and explains key System Center 2012 R2 components that provide virtualization for optimum enterprise management.
This intermediate-to-advanced level guide covers virtual machine fundamentals, virtual networking, storage configurations, Hyper-V management, failover clustering and migration technologies, and much more. Each chapter also includes online access to companion videos that help you visualize the concepts in the book.
* Establishing best practices for resource planning
* Architecting and configuring virtual networks using SCVMM
* Choosing and configuring storage options for Hyper-V
* Installing and managing Hyper-V and using Hyper-V Integration Services
* Maintaining your Hyper-V environment
* Making Hyper-V available using failover clustering and migration technologies
* Providing disaster recovery protection using Hyper-V Replica and cloud orchestration
* Virtualizing desktops using Remote Desktop Services
* Networking with Windows Azure
* Converting VMware skills and understanding to their Hyper-V equivalent
Enable Many Types of Operating System Support
Master Key Networking Concepts and Implement Network Virtualization
Use the Storage Migration And Resize Functions
Take Virtual Machine Checkpoints and Set Up Service Templates
Create Different Levels of Private Cloud Capability
Build a Best-of-Breed Virtualization and Cloud Solution