Ähnliche Autoren zum Folgen
Kunden kauften auch Bücher von
This revised edition of Communication Systems from GSM to LTE: An Introduction to Mobile Networks
and Mobile Broadband Second Edition (Wiley 2010) contains not only a technical description of the
different wireless systems available today, but also explains the rationale behind the different mechanisms and implementations; not only the ‘how’ but also the ‘why’. In this way, the advantages and also limitations of each technology become apparent.
Offering a solid introduction to major global wireless standards and comparisons of the different wireless
technologies and their applications, this edition has been updated to provide the latest directions and
activities in 3GPP standardization up to Release 12, and importantly includes a new chapter on Voice
over LTE (VoLTE). There are new sections on Building Blocks of a Voice Centric Device, Building Blocks of a Smart Phone, Fast Dormancy, IMS and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access, and Wi-Fi-Protected Setup.
Other sections have been considerably updated in places reflecting the current state of the technology.
• Describes the different systems based on the standards, their practical implementation and design assumptions, and the performance and capacity of each system in practice is analyzed and explained
• Questions at the end of each chapter and answers on the accompanying website make this book ideal for self-study or as course material
Extensively updated evaluation of current and future network technologies, applications and devices
This book follows on from its successful predecessor with an introduction to next generation network technologies, mobile devices, voice and multimedia services and the mobile web 2.0. Giving a sound technical introduction to 3GPP wireless systems, this book explains the decisions taken during standardization of the most popular wireless network standards today, LTE, LTE-Advanced and HSPA+. It discusses how these elements strongly influence each other and how network capabilities, available bandwidth, mobile device capabilities and new application concepts will shape the way we communicate in the future. This Second Edition presents a comprehensive and broad-reaching examination of a fast-moving technology which will be a welcome update for researchers and professionals alike.
- Fully updated and expanded to include new sections including VoLTE, the evolution to 4G, mobile Internet access, LTE-Advanced, Wi-Fi security and backhaul for wireless networks
- Describes the successful commercialization of Web 2.0 services such as Facebook, and the emergence of app stores, tablets and smartphones
- Examines the evolution of mobile devices and operating systems, including ARM and x86 architecture and their application to voice-optimized and multimedia devices
- Examines current and next-generation network technologies such as UMTS, HSPA+, WiMAX, LTE and Wifi
- Analyses and explains performance and capacity in practice as well as future capacity requirements and how they can be fulfilled
- Introduces the reader to the current cellular telephony architecture and to voice over IP architectures such as SIP, IMS and TISPAN
- Looks at mobile device hardware and mobile operating system evolution
- Encompasses all major global wireless standards for application development and the latest state of the mobile web 2.0