- Taschenbuch: 256 Seiten
- Verlag: Mcgraw Hill Book Co; Auflage: New. (1. Februar 2013)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 0071809449
- ISBN-13: 978-0071809443
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 15,1 x 1,5 x 22,9 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 149.646 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
How to Make Money in Stocks Success Stories: New and Advanced Investors Share Their Winning Secrets (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 1. Februar 2013
Wird oft zusammen gekauft
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
"This hands-on companion to the classic stock investing guide gives first-hand accounts explaining the ins and outs of CAN SLIM in the real market." Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities Magazine 20130426
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
AMY SMITH is the host of Investor's Business Daily's Market Wrap Video at Investors.com and co-host of 870-AM The Answer Radio How to Make Money in Stocks weekly show. She is also IBD Meetup Development Director and IBD Radio, and TV Market Commentator.
Welche anderen Artikel kaufen Kunden, nachdem sie diesen Artikel angesehen haben?
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
I have to criticize Amy Smith; on page 6 she shows a 2008 - 2012 chart of market prices that is labeled with arrows showing IBD's Market Direction Change calls (i.e. Market in Confirmed Uptrend and Market in Correction). The chart shows only seven such calls during this four-year period. In fact, there were no less than 61 Confirmed Uptrend and Correction calls made by IBD during the October 2008 through September 2012 period she shows. She conveniently selected her seven market direction change indications to show at the start of major long-term swings in the market - giving the impression that IBD's market direction calls are infrequent and always right. The truth is that their market direction calls can be very frequent and not always right, sometimes reversing a few days later. It can keep you busy hopping in and out of the market. This is just one aspect of IBD's system that make it much more complicated than what is portrayed in this book. Amy's deception, along with typos in this book, make me give it three stars.
This is a gem of a book, showing how real everyday people changed their lives through the teachings of William J. O'Neil and Investor's Business Daily. Many held stocks for 25% to 100% returns and more. Many made six figure returns and even became millionaires trading the right stocks in a real bull market.
The key to the system is buying the stocks in the companies that are changing the world at the right time out of of the right base in a bull market in an up trend.
Most have studied the rules, principles, and concepts in IBD and "How to make money in stocks" this book shows the art of putting it all together for great investment returns out of the mouths of the people who already did.
The only thing which works in the market is buy low and sell high. IBD leaderboard does a great job in identifying those great stocks. I missed out Nu Skin when it broke out after its quarterly results. I waited for the next opportunity which gcame when the NUS broke out at 90.17 i bought and sold it at 94.52 and then bought again at 92.50 and sold it at 94.75 after the fed announcement and bought some more at 94.44. One thing ibd or cbd or lbd doesnt teach u is buy low and sell high and rebuy again. Over a period of time this adds to ur confidence your profit margin and most importantly ur knowledge base. Here are some dangerous points about IBD
1. IBD says stocks once fallen never goes up. What happened to netflix it went from 300 dollars to 60 to go back to 300 dollars.
2. Late stage bases dont work. Oh really priceline , visa and stratasys are all in late stage bases they are all working fine.
3. Composite rating and rs line matter and so does new high . Oh really cree was at 73 dollars and one of the leadership board member when it crashed 20 percent after the earning.
4. Always buy on the gap up. really what did trip advisor do it gapped up only to go up t0 80 dollars and come back.
5. Always follow the ibd50. DO we really need to then its like nasdaq 100 only 50 stocks less. if i buy all 50 stocks then what is my profit.
6. IBD 50 covers all the great stocks. Does it Qihu wasnt even featured once it went from 31 to 84 dollars one of the best growth stock in 2013. Instead in the leadership board they feautred jack in the box it tumbled 35 percent after earning and leadership board said later on it was a speculative stock if it was a speculative stock why was it put on the leadership board.
7. IBD says it doesnt recommend any stock then what does leadership board do.
8. IBD says in their seminar institution takes months to buy a stock. then when linked in goes up 2 pc or 2 pc down who is buying or selling its the institution. Institution makes money selling high and buy intraday low who else accounts for 2 million stocks a day.
9. IBD says to buy and hold for 20 pc profit then why does ibd say a stock is extened after 5 pc so does it mean if one is late to the game he should just wait for the stock to go from 5pc to 20 pc .
10. IBD says keep it simple yet we have idb50 ibd weekly review sector leaders its more complicated than nasdaq 100.
Bottom line is its simple just concentrate on 5 stocks per year this yea l again at 3 pc profit, great mathematicians know the power of compounding 3 pc taken multiple times gives great result .
11. nodbody need to go through cup with handle without handle double bottom and all its more a myth what works is pivot point 50 day ma buy at the pivot sell on the way up and buy again thats what the market does every day thats wat jesse livermore did he only used to read the tapes i bet if he read a copy of ibd with all these rating he wouldhave gone half crazy.
Bottom line select few stocks every year and trade on it get a good chart from a reliable source and follow the chart.
Stock market is not a science of rules and regulation its an art buy low sell high and only quality stocks like nflx celgene nus linked tesla what the funds buy is something u must buy that way u dont care about ibd50 or 100 or 1000 it doesnt matter its only the few stocks which makes u money like gerald o loeb which comes over time no ibd cbd or lbd qbd can teach u that ..
The story of Barbara James is itself worth the price of the book. She later came on to a radio show last week, she doesnt do anything fancy but just play by the rules. Here were her golden tips on the radio show
1. Always buy in an uptrend.
2. Focus on the sector leaders in the research table.
3. Buy when a stock breaks out in a confirmed uptrend.
4. Buy only the top couple of stocks to maximize your profit.
5. Share what you learn go to Meet up groups.
These are my tips
7. Dont chase a stock more than 5% from pivot point.
7.1 One of the imp things I learnt in this book along with leadership board is the use of 21days moving averaging while interpreting the strength or weakness of a stock
8. Go through growth 250 stocks in market smith.
9. Go through the screen rs at relative new high and IPO stocks
10. Listen to all the webinars of Scott O Neil and William O Neil.
11. Learn about new company at the New America section.
12. Keep on learning .
13. Stock market is not a place to keep your ego it will humble you sooner or later.
14. People like Barbara James , Amy Smith, William O Neil, Scott O Neil, Jesse Livermore come once in a lifetime always be grateful to them they teach you their years of wisdom.
15. Dont short a stock. Plungers never make money. Look at the latest example of Netflix it jumped 70% in 2 days. There was more than 25% short interest.
16. Keep revising your rules again and again.
17. Focus on top 10 of the IBD 50 stocks
18. Concentrate on stocks in the spotlight.
19. Buy stocks from the leading industry group preferably the first 40.
20. Good industry group always has couple of great stocks.
21. Be in cash during downtrend but keep your stock list upto date.
22. Cut your losses short at 3% from your buy point remember its your hard earned money.
23. Watch when a good stock after a good run forms another base or comes back to 50 day ma these are you great areas for add on buys.
24. A good leader will be around for 18 months so it will offer multiple chances to buy and sell but try to hang on to leaders.
25. Spread the knowledge of light people will always remember you. Remember banks dont give free advice nor do the brokers they only take their commission, remember the big crash of 2008 they didnt come to your rescue so keep on learning keep expanding your network through meetup groups.
26. Make your own model stock book. Every wednesday William O Neil publishes his best stock over the years make a print out of it put it in a folder and read it over and over again . This will help you track the next winner.
27. Buy the 2012 best stock book from Marketsmith and read over the charts and why they succeeded they will help you find the next winner for 2013 onwards.
28. Observe the stocks in the stock on the move thats where the biggest money is flowing in.
29. Read the big picture column every day it takes only 5 minutes but tells you whats is going on in the market.
30. Listen to daily stock analysis and market wrap up.
31. Go through the leadership board they have some great idea on next stock winners.
32. Go through the Bill O Neil screen on marketsmith you will get some of the best stock ideas here.
33. Learn to master the charts through Marketsmith it has both the fundamentals of a great stock and the pattern recog feature to under the base structure .
34. The more charts you go through during the weekend in marketsmith in Growth 250 you will find great winners. One of the way William O Neil found apple was in March 2003 when it was at $12 and went on to grow 7000% over the next decade.
35. Learn how to sell stocks and protect your profits by reading the The Successful Investor by Bill O Neil.
36. Selling stocks is the most difficult thing to master learn it from step 35 and through charts .Sell a stock on technicals only.
37. In every cycle there are monster stocks . In the bull phase of 2003-2007 it was garmin, monster drinks, apple, dry ships. In the bull market of 2009-2013 it was netflix, apple, baidu, priceline, Chipotle mexican grill, 3D systems.
38. When we eventually go through a bear phase maybe in 2013 look out for the next monster stocks they will be setting up powerful bases and will be the first one to pop out in the next bull market in 2014 or somewhere during the time.
39. Together lets make profit from the stock market . Keep learning from IBD and marketsmith and meet up group.
40. Go through step 1 to 39 again.
The way the book is structured is it talks about the system you'll use with IBD. This reads like a big advertisement for all of IBD's services, but all of the How to Make Money in Stocks books do that. After if goes through the IBD system then it goes through how other people have used the system. The only thing I didn't like was it doesn't talk about the cons of the system and what to look out for. You'll spot some pitfalls here and there, but it really doesn't give you an honest overview of how it is to invest. You're not always going to have the rosy returns the book describes.
The other way the book is structured is it will give you a host of examples from other users first and then highlight their methods in an overview. I like the way it is structured because it makes it very easy to go back and review. I'm reading on the kindle and kindle app for the iPad and the way it is written makes it easy to go through the pages and find good advice.
The advice is very good and not everyone in the book goes about picking stocks in the same way. You'll find that a lot of the methods are similar and the methods I see popping up the most are the ones I implement into my own strategy. I also did not mind the repeated overview of the CAN SLIM system. I actually found that the way she wrote it out was easier to understand.
Reading these books can be hard to get through because it does feel like an advertisement than a strategy book, but their strategies are a part of the services IBD provides. I've used the IBD strategies and services. I have earned more than I've lost, so I do love the system. If it just so happens you have no idea if you want to purchase a subscription to IBD I would recommend you do get it. Especially the two week try out. I got a two month digital edition try out for just $25. If you can find that, that's a good value. I personally do not subscribe to the paper. I think it's a waste. I get the digital edition. The digital edition offers you the online services as well as access to the newspaper through the IBD app. I like the app because I can go through a number of previous issues and I can get the current issue by 2AM. The digital issue is cheaper and the paper edition will tack on a few more dollars. It's not worth it unless you just like newspapers. You'll get the same services with just the digital edition alone.