Apple's Logic Pro X levels the playing field, making high-quality studio recordings accessible for any musician. It's a professional-level tool with a user-friendly interface and loads of new features to keep you more organized so you can focus on creating rather than computing. Record live audio and MIDI tracks and edit faster with the new Mixer. Create your own drum kit, or work with the native virtual session drummer. Add flavor to your sound with new Pedalboard stompboxes, and fine-tune it all with Flex Pitch. You'll let loose with Logic Pro X and let your creativity flow with help from For Dummies.
Written by veteran music and audio professional Graham English, Logic Pro X For Dummies jumps right in to using Apple's high-end recording software so you can focus on doing what you do best—making music. From navigating the user interface to working with real and virtual instruments, recording tracks, editing audio, adding plug-ins, and everything in between, you'll learn how to turn your musical inspiration into a fully-engineered and mastered demo.
- Shows you how to create a project, record live audio and MIDI tracks, import video, and mix songs like a pro
- Covers editing audio and adding effects and plug-ins to achieve your ideal sound
- Walks you through the entire audio engineering process from mix-down to mastering and exporting your final cut
- Includes information on how to use iPad and its touch interface to create amazing sound
If you're serious about your sound, Logic Pro X For Dummies is your ultimate guide to achieving the quality you've been dreaming of and turning the volume up on all your musical endeavors.
* Record and edit live audio and MIDI tracks
* Use real, virtual, and touch instruments in your recordings
* Add your own creative spin with effects and plug-ins
* Create and export professional-quality tracks and demos
Produce audio like the pros with this complete, easy guide
Want to create great recordings with Logic Pro X but don't know where to begin? Fear not! Logic Pro X For Dummies provides all the details you need to produce great sounds from start to finish. Use this comprehensive guide to find out how to create projects, record and edit live audio and MIDI tracks, work with effects, mix songs, and much more!
* Think like a pro -- get started with Logic Pro X by setting up your computer, connecting hardware, and starting your first project
* Go digital -- dig into the basics of digital audio, including audio file types, 24-bit recording, working with MIDI devices, and much more
* Virtually perfect -- make music with virtual instruments, work with the Ultrabeat interface, use virtual vintage instruments, and conduct a virtual orchestra
* Dive into the details -- work with tracks and beat map MIDI regions, create folder tracks, edit audio, use flex pitch for tuning, and dive deeper to create super sounds
* Mix, master, and share -- understand all the important mixing concepts, master final tracks, and share your music on iTunes®
Open the book and find:
* Tips to start using Logic Pro quickly to produce great sounds
* A complete overview of Logic Pro projects
* Tricks on using smart controls and key commands
* The lowdown on virtual instruments and Ultrabeat
* Info on producing sounds with great effects
* Everything you need to beat map MIDI regions
* Tricks to help with audio editing and tuning
* How to control signal flow and adjust track EQ