Through cutting-edge research and case studies from leading organizations, including Spotify, Ericsson, Intuit, GE Healthcare, Pixar, CareerBuilder, and Intel, you’ll discover proven patterns for developing that mindset. You’ll see how to cultivate product teams that act like successful startups, create the kind of efficiency that attracts customers, and leverage the talents of bright, creative people.
The Poppendiecks weave lean principles throughout this book, just as those principles must be woven throughout the fabric of your truly lean organization.
Learn How To
- Start with an inspiring purpose, and overcome the curse of short-term thinking
- Energize teams by providing well-framed challenges, larger purposes, and a direct line of sight between their work and the achievement of those purposes
- Delight customers by gaining unprecedented insight into their real needs, and building products and services that fully anticipate those needs
- Achieve authentic, sustainable efficiency without layoffs, rock-bottom cost focus, or totalitarian work systems
- Develop breakthrough innovations by moving beyond predictability to experimentation, beyond globalization to decentralization, beyond productivity to impact
Lean approaches to software development have moved from novelty to widespread use, in large part due to the principles taught by Mary and Tom Poppendieck in their pioneering books. Now, in The Lean Mindset, the Poppendiecks take the next step, looking at a company where multidiscipline teams are expected to ask the right questions, solve the right problems, and deliver solutions that customers love.