About This Book
- Learn penetration testing techniques with an in-depth coverage of Kali Linux distribution
- Explore the insights and importance of testing your corporate network systems before the hackers strike
- Understand the practical spectrum of security tools by their exemplary usage, configuration, and benefits
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT security professional who has a basic knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including an awareness of information security factors, and want to use Kali Linux for penetration testing, this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Develop the Kali Linux environment in your test lab by installing, configuring, running, and updating its core system components
- Perform a formal Kali Linux testing methodology
- Scope your target with definitive test requirements, limitations, business objectives, and schedule the test plan
- Exercise a number of security tools from Kali Linux, logically divided into subcategories of testing methodology
- Practice the processes of reconnaissance, discovery, enumeration, vulnerability mapping, social engineering, exploitation, privilege escalation, and maintaining access to target for evaluation purposes
- Document, report, and present your verified test results to the relevant authorities in a formal reporting structure
Kali Linux is a comprehensive penetration testing platform with advanced tools to identify, detect, and exploit the vulnerabilities uncovered in the target network environment. With Kali Linux, you can apply appropriate testing methodology with defined business objectives and a scheduled test plan, resulting in a successful penetration testing project engagement.
Kali Linux– Assuring Security by Penetration Testing is a fully focused, structured book providing guidance on developing practical penetration testing skills by demonstrating cutting-edge hacker tools and techniques with a coherent, step-by-step approach. This book offers you all of the essential lab preparation and testing procedures that reflect real-world attack scenarios from a business perspective, in today's digital age.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Lee Allen is currently working as a security architect at a prominent university. Throughout the years, he has continued his attempts to remain up to date with the latest and greatest developments in the security industry and the security community. He has several industry certifications including the OSWP and has been working in the IT industry for over 15 years. Lee Allen is the author of Advanced Penetration Testing for HighlySecured Environments: The Ultimate Security Guide, Packt Publishing.
Tedi Heriyanto currently works as a principal consultant in an Indonesian information security company. In his current role, he has been engaged with various penetration testing assignments in Indonesia and other countries. In his previous role, he was engaged with several wellknown business institutions across Indonesia and overseas. Tedi has an excellent track record in designing secure network architecture, deploying and managing enterprisewide security systems, developing information security policies and procedures, performing information security audits and assessments, and providing information security awareness training. In his spare time, he manages to research, learn, and participate in the Indonesian Security Community activities and has a blog http://theriyanto.wordpress.com. He shares his knowledge in the security fi eld by writing several information security books.
Shakeel Ali is a Security and Risk Management consultant at Fortune 500. Previously, he was the key founder of Cipher Storm Ltd., UK. His expertise in the security industry markedly exceeds the standard number of security assessments, audits, compliance, governance, and forensic projects that he carries out in daytoday operations. He has also served as a Chief Security Officer at CSS Providers SAL. As a senior security evangelist and having spent endless nights without taking a nap, he provides constant security support to various businesses, educational organizations, and government institutions globally. He is an active, independent researcher who writes various articles and whitepapers and manages a blog at EthicalHacker.net. Also, he regularly participates in BugCon Security Conferences held in Mexico, to highlight the bestofbreed cyber security threats and their solutions from practically driven countermeasures.