Written by leading Java Expert, Sam Alapati, and aimed at newcomers to the world of exceptions, assertions and logging, this book cuts-to-the-chase in a logical and easy-to-understand manner. Get under the hood and find out about declaring, throwing and catching exceptions; what checked and unchecked exceptions mean; how to define custom exception classes; why (and how) you should use assertions; the value and power of logging; and much more!
Even more experienced Java developers and administrators should gain valuable information and knowledge from this book.
In the book, you will:
- Learn about the different Types of Exception, and how to deal with them elegantly
- Dig deep into Exception Objects and learn how to Define Custom Exceptions
- Discover practical guidelines on the effective use of Exceptions, including when to chain Exceptions
- Sanity check your application code, using simple pass/fail Assertion tests
- Get to grips with java.util.logging, Log4J, and other logging frameworks
- Filled with lots of sample code, hints, tips and notes. Download the code from the publisher's website for free.