One of the most lucrative fields in business, investment banking frequently perplexes even banking professionals working within its complex laws. Investment Banking For Dummies remedies common misconceptions with a straightforward assessment of banking fundamentals. Written by experts in stock market proceedings, this book runs parallel to an introductory course in investment banking. It clearly outlines strategies for risk management, key investment banking operations, the latest information on competition and government regulations, and relationships between leveraged buyout funds, hedge funds, and corporate and institutional clients. With this reference, you can ace investment banking courses and grasp the radical changes that have revamped the stock market since the financial crisis.
- Thoroughly addresses the dramatic financial changes that have occurred in recent years
- Outlines expectations to prepare you for the future
- Teaches the practical aspects of finance and investment banking, how to value a company, and how to construct a financial model
No serious business student or banking professional should be without the basic knowledge of issuing bonds, stocks, and other financial products outlined in this excellent resource.
- Grasp and apply the fundamentals of investment banking
- Understand post-financial crisis changes
- Score higher in your investment banking course
The keys you need to know about investment banking
Want to expand your knowledge or learn what you need to know to ace your investment banking course? This in-depth guide takes a comprehensive approach to the topic of investment banking so you can discover everything you'll need to know to apply your knowledge in the real world.
- Get started with investment banking -- find out what investment bankers do and how they facilitate financing, mergers, and acquisitions
- Dig in -- discover the hidden truth in financial statements, where to find and read the reports you'll need, and how to perform industry analysis
- Take it to the next level -- dig into the details of discounted cash flow analysis, structuring a leveraged buyout, and determining return on equity
- Apply investment banking -- understand the past of investment banking and new regulations that define the rules of the game
- Fill your tool box -- discover the best online resources for investment bankers, ways to improve your analysis, and other important tools and tips
Open the book and find:
- What investment banking is and how it works
- The role of investment bankers in mergers and acquisitions
- How to use important corporate filing documents
- The uses of financial statements
- Details on performing discounted cash flow analysis
- A thorough overview of fixed income
- How to determine a company's return on equity
- Case studies to help reinforce your reading