Create digital sculptures that break the boundaries of your imagination
Get started sculpting realistic human, cartoon, and organic models with ZBrush and the latest edition of this bestselling guide. Hollywood visual effects artist Eric Keller simplifies this complex software and gets you quickly up and running to create your own work. While progressing through the fun exercises, you'll be well on your way to mastering the ZBrush interface and its tools.
Whether you are new to computer graphics or using 3D modeling applications, this guide will help you reach your full potential. Discover the newest ZBrush features, walk through all the tutorials, and achieve amazing results.
* Use digital clay, sculpting brushes, masks, Parametric 3D objects, and more
* Push the limits of digital sculpting using ZBrush's powerful Dynamesh technology
* Sculpt hard surface objects with the ShadowBox tool, clip brushes, and curve brushes
* Master ZSpheres for creating and posing character meshes
* Design your own special polypainting brush presets that suit your own style of working
* Create and style hair for your characters
* Blend and mix materials and colors on the surface of your model to create the look of realistic skin, details on hard surfaces, and logos
* Increase flexibility in your sculpting workflow with surface noise, 3D layers, and the ZBrush timeline
VALUABLE COMPANION DVD
The DVD includes example files and models to help guide you through each lesson, as well as movies to show you the sculpting techniques used to create many of the digital sculptures.
Get step-by-step instructions on how to sculpt your first creature
Explore a variety of approaches for hard surface model design
Follow up-to-date tutorials on new features such as Fibermesh
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Eric Keller has been a visual effects artist since 1998, creating animations for feature films, commercials, motion graphics, and scientific visualizations. He has been teaching digital sculpting at the world-renowned Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood for over three years and has created video tutorials for Pixologic's ZClassroom, working directly with the developers of ZBrush. He is the author of Mastering Maya 2011 and Maya Visual Effects: The Innovator's Guide (Sybex).