Aroma Housewares Hot H20 X-Press 1.5 Liter (6-Cup) Cordless Electric Water Kettle, Stainless Steel by Aroma Housewares
Ob und wann dieser Artikel wieder vorrätig sein wird, ist unbekannt.
Haben Sie eine Frage?
Antworten finden Sie in Produktinformationen, Fragen und Antworten und Rezensionen.
Bitte stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie eine korrekte Frage eingegeben haben. Sie können Ihre Frage bearbeiten oder sie trotzdem veröffentlichen.
|5 Sterne (0%)|
|4 Sterne (0%)|
|3 Sterne (0%)|
|2 Sterne (0%)|
|1 Stern (0%)|
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com
First, the water level indicator window is extremely difficult to read, making it almost impossible to know if you have overfilled the kettle.
Second, the unit does not turn off automatically when you remove it from the base. This is dangerous because if you use all the liquid and return the unit to the base, it is STILL ON. Possible fire hazard.
I would not buy this item again nor could I ever recommend it. Buy a different product that is easier to read and safer to use.
1) doesn't take up much space
2) I can turn it on and forget about it
3) it does keep the water really hot for a while
4) looks attractive enough to leave out on the counter
5) not too loud, no obnoxious squeal like a stove kettle
6) lightweight and easy to carry
7) holds more than enough water- it's enough to fill up a small hot water bottle to the max and still give you a large mug of tea
- Defective: The light doesn't lit up when I start boiling. There's no indication that it's boiling water or sitting idle.
- Not safe: When water overflow from the top, it get trap in the plastic base. When I pick up the kettle, it spills out.
- Short lifetime: to start boil water, you need to press down the latch. When water is boiled or when you pick up the kettle, the latch is supposed to pop up automatically. The old model does that. However, when I pick up the water, the latch doesn't pop. As the result, after I empty the water and put the kettle back onto the base, it continues to boils without water. This is a horrible change.
- Hard to use: It's much hard to position this kettle into the base. The middle lock thing stick up too high. I can't slide in the kettle as easy as the previous model. It takes time to aim and find the lock.
- The only design change that I like is the built-in filter. I didn't like the plastic mesh in the old model.
Only the 1st bullet point appears to be a manufacturing defect, the rest are intentional bad designs.
* This one is bigger. That's probably good, but the old one fit under my water dispenser spigot better; could fill it with one hand.
* The auto shut-off mechanism works differently. On the old one, the paddle switch popped up (shut-off) whenever you lifted the kettle off the base so when it was put back it didn't continue to heat. This one doesn't shut off until it is at a full-boil. I use my home kettle more often to just warm the water, far cooler than boiling. When I set this one back on the base after using the warmed water it continues to heat unless I flip up the paddle switch.
* I suspect it is a thinner gauge of steel. It was dented a bit out of the box. I don't care about that. I don't care how it looks on my counter, or what it "goes with". I just need it to work consistently and not burn my house down.
I'll get used to the differences. Don't know how long it will last but I am satisfied so far.
There were many Aroma kettles to choose from here on Amazon. I selected this one mainly based on price. I wish I had bought a more expensive model though.
Good stuff: Well constructed, stainless steel housing, has water fill level view port, heats water quickly.
Stuff I wish it had: A retractable power cord; a lighted power switch so you can easily tell if the thing is still heating or not.; a wider and more easily viewable water level viewing port (it is narrow and next to the handle - hard to see if water is inside or not. I have to pick up the kettle to see if it's got anything in it).
Many of the more expensive Aroma kettles have the features I am missing on this one.
So I would recommend this kettle: for the money, it is a well made kettle that heats water quickly. I just wish I had spent a little more and got one with more features.