- Taschenbuch: 336 Seiten
- Verlag: BenBella Books (3. Dezember 2013)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1937856976
- ISBN-13: 978-1937856977
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 2,5 x 18,4 x 23,5 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 23.472 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Happy Herbivore Light & Lean: Over 150 Low-Calorie Recipes with Workout Plans for Looking and Feeling Great (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 3. Dezember 2013
|Neu ab||Gebraucht ab|
Wird oft zusammen gekauft
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
Rip Esselstyn New York Times bestselling author of My Beef with Meat
"Lindsay Nixon now is a household name in developing cookbooks that have the kind of recipes...that are healthful, tasty, and easy to prepare. Here's another that you need for your collection."
T. Colin Campbell, coauthor of The China Study and the New York Times bestselling Whole, and Karen Campbell
"Happy Herbivore Light & Lean provides inventive, easy-to-make recipes and sensible do-it-yourself exercises, to get you on the road to excellent health.”
Brian Wendel, executive producer, Forks Over Knives
No comment can truly capture the totality of Lindsay’s magic in the kitchen! Once again, in Happy Herbivore Light & Lean, she creatively proves that plant-based eating is not only delicious but also low-calorie and so satisfying.”
Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D., author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, and Ann Crile Esselstyn
Happy Herbivore Light & Lean is a wonderful book full of simple, delicious meals to get you started on a healthy vegan diet. Lindsay not only provides a wealth of creative plant-based recipes but also gives great tips to help you lose weight, gain energy, and feel fantastic. I invite everyone to read this excellent new book and get started on your journey to health.”
Neal Barnard, M.D., Founder and President of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
"I am thrilled to discover in her new cookbook what many of you have known for a while that girl can cook!"
Del Sroufe, author of Better Than Vegan and Forks Over Knives The Cookbook
Lindsay Nixon has done it again! Another fantastic cookbook filled with easy, delicious, low-fat vegan recipes that everyone will love."
John and Mary McDougall, bestselling authors and founders of the McDougall Program
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Lindsay S. Nixon is the bestselling author of the Happy Herbivore cookbook series: "The Happy Herbivore Cookbook," "Everyday Happy Herbivore," and "Happy Herbivore Abroad." As of September 2012, Nixon has sold more than 100,000 cookbooks. Nixon has been featured on "Dr. Oz" and TheFoodNetwork.com, and she has spoken at Google. Her recipes have also been featured in "The New York Times," "VegNews," "Vegetarian Times," "Women's Health," Oprah.com, Bethenny.com, Fitness.com, Bust.com, WebMD.com, Shape.com, among many others. A rising star in the culinary world, Nixon is praised for her ability to use everyday ingredients to create healthy, low-fat recipes that taste just as delicious as they are nutritious. Learn more about Nixon and try some of her recipes on her award-winning site HappyHerbivore.com.
Welche anderen Artikel kaufen Kunden, nachdem sie diesen Artikel angesehen haben?
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com
Things I love in general about this book:
* Lindsay has a very positive, relatable writing style. It's like talking to a friend.
* The look of the book is very bright and clean, with great graphics and color and tons of high quality photos. It is a very pretty cookbook.
* All the recipes have calorie counts, nutritional details, and WW points if you need them.
* I LOVE LOVE LOVE the part at the beginning where she lists which recipes are in certain calorie ranges. You can see this on the Amazon preview. It is nice because you can do your own meal planning! If you know you want a certain calorie target, you can pick things from each category to make your meal plans.
* I love the recipe categories: breakfasts, baked goods, bowls and wraps (great section!), soups/stews, pastas, burgers, sandwiches/tacos, snacks, and desserts.
* New snack category is awesome! I can't wait to tuck into these recipes. For appetizers, this is perfect.
* I love the drink section. Some warm drinks, some cool, some cocktails. It's a nice touch from HHA and I hope it continues.
* The Lean section is a great touch. The exercises are well thought out and photographed, and provide inspiration and several great ideas for how to incorporate exercise into your daily life. I'm glad the Lean section is there, but am also glad it's not as big as the recipe section!
* Lindsay has recipes to use up ingredients you may have had to purchase for other recipes. For example, she has at least four (maybe more) recipes with canned pumpkin, so you won't be left with a cup of random pumpkin and no idea what to do with it. And she often calls out where you could use the leftovers, like with the Skinny Puttanesca and Skinny Cheater Pad Thai which both use spaghetti squash.
* I love the pictures of Lindsay hiking and snowboarding at the beginning and end of the book. It's inspiring. I felt like, "I want to go there, too! It's an adventure."
My only not-serious complaint is that Lindsay is so prolific with her writing that I can't keep up. I'm still trying new things from "Happy Herbivore Abroad"!
The first recipe I made after the cookbook arrived was a cocktail. The "Dublin" was awesome! Very fast and easy, with a super delicious chocolate/coffee flavor. Yummy. I know there are some comments on the alcohol drinks, but there are FOUR alcohol drinks in the cookbook and one is a super light spritzer with only a ¼ cup of wine in the whole thing. I know some people don't imbibe, but it's easy enough to just skip those four recipes if that's you. It's not like the book is a booze-fest. I appreciate the practical aspect of being provided with some low calorie, delicious cocktails because many people drink, and most doctors, including our whole foods, plant based doctors, support moderate alcohol intake.
Something else that I know is important to many people is that there are no faux meats or cheeses in the book. Several recipes for DIY cheeses are included (Nacho Cheese, Cheese Ball!!, Cheese Spread, Parmesan), but nothing pre-made. I personally don't mind using the occasional amount of faux meat/cheese but it takes a lot more skill to craft recipes that don't rely on ready made things like that. Lindsay is also mindful of dietary needs. There are many soy-free and gluten-free recipes, and she always offers suggestions for modifications to make other recipes soy or gluten free. She uses beans and lentils much more than tofu, tempeh, and seitan/gluten; while I love all the veggie foods, I know beans are the best for filling me up! So I like that fiber punch.
Other recipes I have made (besides the awesome Dublin):
* Spinach Love Wrap: Refreshing and unusual - super filling and so low in calories you can eat two huge wraps!
* Pumpkin Pancakes: Amazing and easy. Very fluffy and delicious.
* Oatmeal 300: I LOVE this section. Lindsay gives a bunch of options for jazzing up oatmeal and they are all delicious combos and many rely on a banana or applesauce as a sweetener.
* Breakfast Tacos: Incredible idea, and SO FILLING! I was full until 1pm after having two of these for breakfast. Perfect morning meal.
* Pumpkin Chili: Super hearty and filling. Definitely try this one! It's unusual and delicious.
* Deviled "Eggs": Game changer!! So simple and tasty and CUTE. Everyone will love these. They aren't weird, even my omni family loved these!
* Everyday Mushroom Gravy: Awesome sauce! Literally. This is a perfect mushroom gravy for potatoes and anything else.
* Caribbean Bowl: Delicious and fresh combo. Comes together so quickly, but great flavors! I've had it as a wrap and a bowl. Great both ways.
* Lentil and Pear Salad: Another simple but awesome combo! I like it with raspberry vinaigrette. Beautiful and filling.
* Lentil Joes: Who doesn't love a Joe?? Fiber filled, low calorie, fast, delicious. The whole family loved these and the sauce is delicious.
Other recipes that are in my queue to try are: Pineapple Pancakes, Ruby Chocolate Muffins, Skinny Mac and Cheese (on tonight's menu!), Nacho Bowl, Irish Stew, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Tofu Jerky!!, Sangria Spritzer, Molasses Cake, Dark Chocolate Truffles, Pizza Burgers, Lentil-Oat Burgers, Taco Burgers, Thai Tacos, Lemon Zucchini Muffins, Pink Lemonade, Olive Gravy, Smoky Apple Baked Beans, Microwave Peach Cobbler, Ginger Cabbage Stir Fry, Autumn Salad with Maple Dressing, Barbeque Wrap, Sonoma Chicken Salad....basically the whole book.
My favorite thing about Lindsay's recipes is that they are all things you can imagine yourself coming up with, if you had the time. I've read comments in reviews of her other cookbooks that the recipes are so simple you could have thought of them yourself and I always want to say, "Yeah, but you didn't. That's the point." I COULD think of six different burgers and test the wet to dry ratios and try a bunch of flavors and think of toppings and calculate the nutrition and take a cute photo of my creation but thing with Happy Herbivore recipes, is - I DON'T HAVE TO. Lindsay comes up with recipes using things that you have in your pantry, combines them in yummy and unusual (but not crazy!) ways, and figures out the nutritional info for you. Since most of us have to work and can't spend as much time as we'd like in the kitchen, let Lindsay help you. Lindsay's Happy Herbivore recipes are my go-to weekday meals and it's not because I CAN'T cook without help. It's because I LIKE HELP on weeknights. I can create and make seitan roasts, home-made ravioli and triple layer cakes on the weekends. Lindsay is always there for me when I need a fast, delicious, healthy meal, and I'm very grateful for that.
You will love this book!
GET THIS BOOK! The meals are FABULOUS and coming from a NASM personal trainer, the exercise and tips are fabulous! Keep them coming girl! :)
Unlike other vegan cookbooks (I'm looking at you, Kris Carr!), this one uses everyday ingredients that you can find at your local supermarket. You don't need to order or go on the hunt for any special ingredients.
As other reviewers have noted, many of the recipes are very basic and simple, but I have enjoyed making them since it's encouraged me to put ingredients and flavors together in new ways I wouldn't have thought of myself.
I also like how the recipes are all quick to make, so that they can come together on a weeknight when you get home later and are too tired to cook something fancier. (Or is that just my laziness?! :-) )
Great cookbook, and I know I'll be buying more from Lindsay Nixon!
Ähnliche Artikel finden