HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a collection of several independent web standards. Fortunately, this expanded guide covers everything you need in one convenient place. With step-by-step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The Missing Manual shows you how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic graphics, geolocation, offline features, and responsive layouts for mobile devices.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages more effectively. Learn how HTML5 helps web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Create stunning visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, pictures, and text; play animations; and run interactive games.
- Jazz up your pages with CSS3. Add fancy fonts and eye-catching effects with transitions and animation.
- Design better web forms. Collect information from visitors more efficiently with HTML5 form elements.
- Build it once, run it everywhere. Use responsive design to make your site look good on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Include rich desktop features. Build self-sufficient web apps that work offline and store the data users need.
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Matthew MacDonald is a science and technology writer with well over a dozen books to his name. Web novices can tiptoe out onto the Internet with him in "Creating a Website: The Missing Manual." HTML fans can learn about the cutting edge of web design in "HTML5: The Missing Manual." And human beings of all descriptions can discover just how strange they really are in the quirky handbooks "Your Brain: The Missing Manual" and "Your Body: The Missing Manual."