- Gebundene Ausgabe: 32 Seiten
- Verlag: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (9. September 2014)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 031632065X
- ISBN-13: 978-0316320658
- Vom Hersteller empfohlenes Alter: 4 - 8 Jahre
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 24,1 x 1,3 x 23,8 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 1 Kundenrezension
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 143.048 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar (Englisch) Gebundene Ausgabe – 9. September 2014
|Neu ab||Gebraucht ab|
Wird oft zusammen gekauft
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
* "[The story] is all told so naturally and with such sweet verve that readers may not notice that this is the legendary guitarist of the Rolling Stones. The vibrant and evocative pictures are done by Richards' daughter...Over swathes of rich color she lays pen-and-ink drawings of figures and instruments, architectural details, free-floating musical notes--and cakes and tea things--that brilliantly carry the power of love and music into visual imagery. A CD of the author reading the story and playing a bit of "Malagueña" is included, and it is pretty wonderful, too. A beautiful example of artistic bookmaking, a story of family love and lore, and the magic of music personified in a way that's utterly accessible to children--and their dazzled parents."―Kirkus, starred review
* "Theodora Richards, Keith's daughter, contributes fluid, inked sketches and other freestyle graphic elements that exude love and spontaneity. The accompanying CD proves Richards is as adept at telling bedtime stories as he is performing on stage."―Publishers Weekly, starred review
"This rocks, though the effect is more like being rocked in a grandparent's arms."―Booklist
"Beautifully told."―The New York Times
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Keith Richards is a musician, singer, songwriter, and founding member of the rock band the Rolling Stones. Widely considered one of the best guitarists in the world, he has a collection of over 350 guitars. His memoir, Life, received unanimous critical acclaim and was a #1 New York Times bestseller. Mr. Richards has five children and five grandchildren.
Welche anderen Artikel kaufen Kunden, nachdem sie diesen Artikel angesehen haben?
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
Stones fans will love Gus & Me because it reveals how young Keef developed his love for music. But even if the book wasn’t about Richards (and even if the playful/mischievous illustrations hadn’t been drawn by his daughter and even if the accompanying CD didn’t feature Keith reading the story in the perfect bedtime voice), it’s simply a wonderful book for children, a book about the lasting gift that a grandfather gave to his grandson.
The book is illustrated by Keith daughter Theodora who precisely got her name after special person in author’s life - Theodore Augustus Dupree, called Gus – Keith grandfather. Theodora manages through her illustrations to evoke Keith childhood, not using too much detail in her drawings but still succeeding to skillfully set the scene in which action takes place.
For those who read ‘Life’ – other Keith Richards’s book and one of the best autobiographies especially when it comes to rock stars - story of Gus will be familiar. A man who shared Keith passion for music and certainly can be credited for fact the author's name today is known all across the globe. The author tells story in which his grandfather and he due to common interest for music and family bond will together embark on a journey through the world of music.
‘Gus & Me’ is equally beautiful book for those interested in music or just want to read touching family story, and it should be also emphasized that physical copy in this case have extra value compared to e-book because of enclosed CD which will enable reader to enjoy listening to Keith himself reading the book.
Therefore, if you are a parent who search for your child story about the love for music and especially if you are a grandfather looking for some perfect gift for your beloved grandchild, look no further, because ‘Gus & Me’ is beautiful and emotional book in which children will fully enjoy.