RETRO Magazine is an independent digital publication dedicated to the past, present and future of the video gaming pastime that will hearken back to the amazing magazines from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's.
WHAT WE COVER:
Featuring games from every era including classic gaming systems, current and next generation consoles and upcoming independently funded projects, each issue includes:
• Extensive retrospectives on classic consoles and the games (and ill-fated add-ons) that made them famous.
• RETRO reviews of classic games across countless genres.
• Reviews of current generation products with a focus on franchise reboots, games with classic licensing tie-ins and modern games that build on 8, 16 and 32-bit gaming's core principles.
• In-depth interviews with modern-day icons, our industry's founding fathers and up-and-coming developers of games with old-school sensibilities.
• Monthly "Top 10"-style features on the best games, consoles and moments in gaming history.
• In-depth news regarding the latest reboots, industry icons getting back into the business, hot indie games and Kickstarter projects and a dash of current generation information
• Lifestyle pieces on gaming gear, industry conventions, licensing tie-ins other entertainment mediums and other random nerdiness.
• Columns from some of the industry's top journalists, developers and video game personalities.
• Reader interaction and feedback via polls, reader mail, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
RETRO will feature contributions from some of the best gaming journalists from the past 30-years, including:
• Jeremy Parish (1UP, IGN, USGamer)
• Andy Eddy (GamePro, IGN, Future)
• Jeff Green (GFW Magazine, EA, PopCap)
• Seanbaby (1UP, EGM, Cracked.com)
• Chris Kohler (Wired Magazine)
• Brandon Justice (GameFan, IGN, ODCM, EGM)
• Brady Fiechter (Gamer’s Republic, Play, EGM, Geek Magazine)
• Kat Bailey (1UP, Joystiq)
• Ryan Scott (Geekbox, GameSpy)
• Patrick Scott Patterson (Gamer Personality)
• And many more