- Taschenbuch: 416 Seiten
- Verlag: Dutton Books for Young Readers; Auflage: 01 (30. August 2016)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 0399538593
- ISBN-13: 978-0399538599
- Vom Hersteller empfohlenes Alter: 9 - 12 Jahre
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 14 x 2,7 x 21,1 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 6 Kundenrezensionen
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 5.532 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Andere Verkäufer auf Amazon
+ EUR 1,40 Versandkosten
+ GRATIS Lieferung innerhalb Deutschlands
+ EUR 1,60 Versandkosten
Furthermore (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 30. August 2016
|Neu ab||Gebraucht ab|
Wird oft zusammen gekauft
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
"[Mafi’s] prose is as fresh and fragrant as the flowers her characters eat, the descriptions so vibrant that at times one can practically smell the words on the page." —New York Times Book Review
★ "A fast-paced, funny, and richly imaginative story that embraces and celebrates individuality." —Publishers Weekly, starred review
★ "Rich, luscious, clever prose." —Kirkus, starred review
From the Hardcover edition.
There are only three things that matter to twelve-year-old Alice Alexis Queensmeadow: Mother, who wouldn t missher;magic and color, whichseem to elude her; and Father, who always loved her.The day Father disappears fromFerenwood hetakes nothing but a ruler with him. But it sbeen almost three years sincethen, and Alice is determinedto find him. She loves her father even morethan she loves adventure, and she s abouttoembark on one to find the other.
But bringing Father home is no small matter. In order to find himshe ll have totravel through the mythical, dangerousland ofFurthermore, wheredown can be up, paper is alive, and left can be both right and very, very wrong. Her onlycompanion is aboy named Oliver whose own magicalability is based in lies and deceit and with a liar by her side in a land where nothing is asit seems, it will take all of Alice's wits (and every limbshe'sgot) tofind Father and returnhome to Ferenwood in one piece. On her quest to find Father, Alice must first find herself and hold fast to the magicoflove in the face of loss.
Welche anderen Artikel kaufen Kunden, nachdem sie diesen Artikel angesehen haben?
Derzeit tritt ein Problem beim Filtern der Rezensionen auf. Bitte versuchen Sie es später noch einmal.
- The writing style. It was extremely unique! Sunlight, became Rainlight, and most things became the opposite of what they were in real life! I loved the fact that the author actually spoke to the reader directly and gave little insights here and there where you would normally either not get them at all or get them much later in the book! It was extremely well done and I definitely want more!
- The world. The world building was magical! I wanted to actually be there, even if Furthermore is pretty dang creepy! The descriptions were rich and full of life and I could have definitely said that the world was around me as I was reading!
- I loved Alice and her character growth throughout the book! She definitely had a hard time at home and pretty much everywhere she went because of the way she looked and because of the fact that her father went missing, but she learns throughout the book that it doesn’t matter what other people think. As long as she is happy with herself, it doesn’t matter if anyone else thinks differently. I loved the message that this sent especially because people are so often shamed about how they look etc! It sends a positive message across to the reader that they can look and be anyone they want to be and it doesn’t matter what anyone else says!
- The friendship growth between Oliver and Alice. Ugh, they were so cute! I just wanted to adopt them both. I’m so glad they managed to become friends because they are definitely cute together!
- I don’t really have much to gripe about, but the ending was a little disappointing! It was wrapped up within a few pages and I felt like it was too abrupt. I wanted a little more out of the ending. After everything they went through, I think it would have been better had the ending been a little bit more challenging… because I’m mean and the characters need to face more life threatening situations!
All in all, I really enjoyed this book! I would love for this book to have a sequel – especially if we’re going to follow Alice’s surrender!! I have this book 4/5 stars!
Eine, im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes, fantastische Geschichte über Abenteuer, Magie und Freundschaft, mit sehr sympathischem Erzähler und wunderbar verträumtem Schreibstil.
She was born completely colourless. Her hair and skin are white as snow, but the strength of Alice's heart outshines the heavy loss she's been suffering since her father disappeared. Alice's familiy is left in despair and Alice has nothing left to lose. That's when a boy called Oliver tells her that he can bring her father home but that means leaving for Furthermore, a strange land where time can be stolen and every step will cause unexpected dangers. What can she do but agree? An unusually and bewitching journey begins ...
Imagine you're going to the cinema. There you are, sitting in a big room and watching pictures on a large screen. A nice feeling, right? Well, "Furthermore" by Tahereh Mafi is much better than any film, trust me. Just look at the cover - every time I look at its brightness it causes big heart eyes!
Mafi's writing style is incredible and creates an unusually fantasy scenery. I've never read a book with such a strange world and I wish I could describe the beauty and poetic atmosphere of this story. There's now way to deny it, 'Furthermore' is a masterpiece! I couldn't help grinning when I came across the chapters called "I haven't any idea how many chapters are in this book" or "This might be my favourite part"
Wait a second. Did I just say that everything about this book is okay? Well, "Furthermore" really does give you the flavour of Lewis Carroll's Wonderland, but at the very beginning I had the feeling that Mafi used a little too many metaphors. The first slow-paced chapters were quite demanding ones. Unfortunately. English isn't my first language; beside the completely new world, I sometimes had to struggle with some sentences (my dictionary got a full-time job, but, hey, it's my greatest wish to improve my English and reading books is one of the best ways to learn foreign languages!)
It's amazing how Alice changes troughout the book; she's such a strong and brave girl! I love her for being the way she is and how she fights for the people she loves. Furthermore - that's what imagination was made for! I'd recommend this book to anyone who loves modern fairy tale, Alice's and Oliver's adventure is something every reader will thoroughly enjoy :)
Die Bewertung, die nur einen Stern für das Buch vergibt, hat nichts mit dessen herausragendem Inhalt zu tun. Diesbezüglich möchte ich Missverständnisse vorbeugen.
Möchten Sie weitere Rezensionen zu diesem Artikel anzeigen?