- Verlag: HarperAudio (5. Mai 1999)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 0694521469
- ISBN-13: 978-0694521463
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 18,1 x 11,6 x 2 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: 61 Kundenrezensionen
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 3.751.486 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Feel This Audiobook (Englisch) Hörkassette – Gekürzte Ausgabe, Audiobook
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
A warning to readers: though Ben Stiller (Flirting with Disaster) and Janeane Garofalo (The Truth About Cats and Dogs) used to be a couple, do not confuse their advice book with Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul. This is more of a cross between James Thurber and E.B. White's satirical Is Sex Necessary? and MTV's Beavis and Butt-Head: Chicken Soup for the Butt.
The ex-couple give us alternating chapters of remarkably rambling, extravagantly ironic, showbiz-insider's philosophical musings, but they do discuss their actual relationship, just to let you know where they stand--right on your funny bone, exerting maximum pressure until you beg for mercy. After their breakup, writes Garofalo, "We agreed that in the future we would only meet for professional purposes, or if we were drunk and felt like having emotionally destructive sex."
This faux tome (also read by the authors on audiocassette) is a meeting of the minds for professional purposes. But again, don't be fooled by what these wily authors say! The intriguing chapters referred to in the opening pages--"Why Can't I Sleep Around and Still Love You?"; "How to Fake an Orgasm to Show Your Love, or The Art of the Squeal"; "Negotiating with God for What You Want--and Getting It!"; "Pros and (Very Few) Cons of a Third Party in the Bedroom"--these chapters do not in fact exist! What does exist is a dog's breakfast of jokes from a pair of clowns. Read it and weep, but heed it at your peril. --Tim Appelo -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Gebundene Ausgabe.
Shares observations on topics ranging from ways to make money off a spouse, to fidelity, neuroses, sex, and death. -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Gebundene Ausgabe.Alle Produktbeschreibungen
1) Chapter 4 is entitled "Why David Cross makes us laugh-fall-down!"
2) Chapter 7 is entitled "See Chapter 4."
2) The "Acknowledgments" page acknowledges only David Cross... 146 times.
3) The "audiotape version" of this book is actually a bootleg version of David Cross' 1966 farewell concert at Bill Graham's Laffapalooza.
4) Charles Joffe's "David Cross is the only worthy successor to Swift..." encomium appears as a three-dimensional pop-up centerpiece.
5) Michael Fuchs's notorious "Is this guy too angry to be on at 4 A.M. every other Wednesday?" memo is reprinted in its entirety.
6) Several oblique references to "the late Bob Odenkirk" sprinkled throughout "wacky index."
7) If you ruffle the top corner pages with your thumb, you can see a cartoon of an extremely bitter man doing underappreciated comedy.
8) David's guest appearances on "Veronica's Closet" and "Suddenly Susan" are cited as sterling examples of his lifelong strive for comedic excellence.
It's a very quick read - large print and a small package - but page after page is pure humour! I've never laughed so much from reading a book in my life! I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing out loud on the train (which over here is a serious offence!). The bit about Ben and his journey to "find himself" had me in stitches!
I don't know about it being a self-help book - I bought it cause I wanted to laugh - but I guess it does help you in a way, because if nothing else you laugh your tush-y off (and trust me, if you saw the size of mine - it's not a bad thing!)
Die neuesten Kundenrezensionen
being a true fan of miss garafalo and most of her previous work, i dutifully ordered this book, and with bated breath, i awaited its arrival. i shouldn't have wasted my time. Lesen Sie weiter...Am 12. Juli 2000 veröffentlicht
Ben Stiller and Janeane Garofalo must be the only people laughing at the book... The only joke here is the fact that this thing got published. Lesen Sie weiter...Am 6. Juli 2000 veröffentlicht
Could not even finish the book - it is truly a total waste of time. I'm in a book club and we thought this might be great because we were all fond of the two actors who wrote the... Lesen Sie weiter...Am 18. April 2000 veröffentlicht
I bought this little book because of my decade long love for the comedy of both Janeane and Ben AND because I had an hour to kill waiting for someone in the ER. Lesen Sie weiter...Veröffentlicht am 11. April 2000 von Steven W. Kendrick
If this was a movie, I would have walked out. Really pointless and rambling. I am still not sure if this was supposed to be humor or self help (? ). Lesen Sie weiter...Am 4. April 2000 veröffentlicht
Excellent parody of the self-help style with genuine self-help thrown in. Seinfeldic brillianceAm 26. Februar 2000 veröffentlicht
It appears that after receiving a tonne of money, these 2 have dredged out hap-hazard content for each chapter. Lesen Sie weiter...Am 19. Februar 2000 veröffentlicht
It along with naked pictures of famous people by jon stewart was the funniest book of the year.Veröffentlicht am 26. Januar 2000 von Mike Anderson
I LOVE Ben and Janeane as much as the next guy - okay, probably more than most (I really liked Mystery Men) BUT this is AWFUL! Lesen Sie weiter...Veröffentlicht am 25. Januar 2000 von Jimbo Rutherford