- Taschenbuch: 329 Seiten
- Verlag: Allyn & Bacon; Auflage: 0003 (14. Dezember 2007)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 0205543006
- ISBN-13: 978-0205543007
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 20,4 x 1,3 x 25,4 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Komplettes Inhaltsverzeichnis ansehen
The Essential Elements of Public Speaking (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 14. Dezember 2007
Dieses Buch gibt es in einer neuen Auflage:
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
Wenn Sie dieses Produkt verkaufen, möchten Sie über Seller Support Updates vorschlagen?
This brief, skills-oriented and highly interactive presentation of the essentials of public speaking emphasizes the latest research methods, as well as critical thinking and listening skills. The Essential Elements of Public Speaking is a concise, yet comprehensive exploration of the essentials that the beginning public speaker needs to prepare, research, and deliver an effective public speech.
The features for this edition include:
- Practical connection between theory, research and skills: The solid theoretical foundation is consistently applied to everyday situations through relevant examples, speech excerpts, thought-provoking questions and boxed features.
- Emphasis on the essentials of the public speaking process: Straightforward, concise explanations of basic principles focus students quickly and effectively on the essential components of preparing and delivering a speech.
- Brief Chapter 2 overview of the steps in the public speaking process: The second chapter, “Preparing and Presenting a Speech (in Brief),” presents 10 steps to prepare and deliver a speech, enabling readers to start giving a speech early in the course, such as a speech of introduction. Subsequent chapters elaborate on these steps, helping readers to refine the process and develop effective public speaking skills.
- Numerous pedagogical aids: Chapter-opening objectives, annotated sample speeches, outlines and excerpts, boldface key terms, self-assessment tests, chapter summaries, exercises, and thought-provoking questions and scenarios help readers review and retain important chapter concepts.
- Comprehensive: Despite its concise, briefer length, the book covers the full range of topics in public speaking, giving readers a manageable and complete introduction to preparing, researching and delivering a speech.
- Strong technology advantage: Numerous in-text references to web sites and electronic resources, as well as the up-to-date Research Link boxes, provide readers with the latest information on selecting a topic, gathering appropriate support materials and doing online research.
- Research Links: Research Link boxes (14 in all), presented in progression from general research principles in early chapters to more specialized ones in later chapters, introduce the research process in small, manageable doses rather than one dense, potentially overwhelming chapter. Each Research Link box does end with a note identifying the next Link and in which chapter to find it to facilitate reading the Links as one entire chapter, if preferred.
- Emphasis on Culture: Cultural insights are integrated into each chapter, offering readers an understanding of the influence of culture in public speaking (for example: analyzing different audiences, giving and responding to public criticism) and the skills they need to develop to succeed in a global community.
- Emphasis on Ethics: “A Case of Ethics” box in each chapter describes a situation which raises ethical issues, and asks readers to think about and respond, promoting awareness of ethical considerations in public speaking and how to become an ethically responsible communicator.
- Communication competence: Thirteen self-tests, called “Test Yourself” are interspersed throughout the book to allow readers to assess their own communication skills and determine how to improve those skills.
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta) (Kann Kundenrezensionen aus dem "Early Reviewer Rewards"-Programm beinhalten)
Is just unfortunately didn't have the pic access to the digital complementary material vs. the new book.