If you need a reliable tool for technical documentation, this clear and concise reference will help you take advantage of DocBook, the popular XML schema originally developed to document computer and hardware projects. DocBook 5.0 has been expanded and simplified to address documentation needs in other fields, and it's quickly becoming the tool of choice for many content providers.
DocBook 5: The Definitive Guide is the complete, official documentation of DocBook 5.0. You'll find everything you need to know to use DocBook 5.0's features-including its improved content model-whether you're new to DocBook or an experienced user of previous versions.
- Learn how to write DocBook XML documents
- Understand DocBook 5.0's elements and attributes, and how they fit together
- Determine whether your documents conform to the DocBook schema
- Learn about options for publishing DocBook to various output formats
- Customize the DocBook schema to meet your needs
- Get additional information about DocBook editing and processing
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
Norman Walsh is a Principal Technologist at Mark Logic Corporation where he assists in the design and deployment of advanced content applications. Norm is also an active participant in a number of standards efforts worldwide: he is chair of the DocBook Technical Committee at OASIS. At the W3C, he is chair of the XML Processing Model Working Group and also co-chair of the XML Core Working Group.