The display business is online advertising's fastest growing field. Google and others are starting to provide easy tools to enable small- and medium-sized businesses to take advantage of this opportunity. This guide provides marketers, consultants, and small-business owners with the knowledge and skills to create and optimize a display advertising campaign. It covers concepts, trends, and best practices, and presents a day-to-day plan for developing, managing, and measuring a successful campaign.
- Online display advertising is a hot topic, and this hands-on guide helps marketing professionals and small-business owners gain the skills to create and manage their own campaigns
- Provides an overview of display advertising concepts, including types, formats, and how they're placed on websites
- Explains how to plan a campaign, including defining goals and planning resources, contextual and placement targeting, and keyword use
- Covers campaign launch and measurement, ad creation, social media advertising, how to optimize a campaign, and much more
Display Advertising: An Hour a Day helps anyone promote a business successfully with effective online display ad campaigns.
A Step-by-Step Guide
Fueled by compelling new ad formats and targeting capabilities, display advertising is revolutionizing how marketers reach and engage with their audience. This ultimate how-to guide, with its practical and proven steps to do-it-yourself display advertising, gives today's marketers the tools to succeed. Whether you're a marketer, consultant, or small business owner, you'll quickly learn the key concepts, trends, and best practices you need to know to develop, launch, manage, and measure a winning plan.
* Identify, define, and assign value to the display advertising goals against which you'll measure success
* Walk through examples using the Google AdWords(tm) Display Network to reach targeted audiences and maximize campaign performance
* Launch campaigns that stay within budget and provide the right message to the right audience at the right time
* Present your message following best practices with rich imagery, video, strong calls to action, and more
* Target and re-target your audience across millions of websites, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
* Determine the most effective ads, landing pages, and campaigns through testing and analysis
* Take advantage of unique targeting options on Facebook and LinkedIn to further your reach
You'll also find:
* Strategies, techniques, and tactics to get the most out of your ads and budget
* Measurement tools and analytics to quantify the return on your advertising investment
* Real-world case studies that illustrate successes to learn from and mistakes to avoid
* An example of a high-impact test strategy that any website can use
Praise for Display Advertising: An Hour a Day
"David and Corey help you navigate the complex landscape of ad networks and ad formats, and present the tools and techniques you need to effectively use and measure display ads. These are data-driven guys that have put together a roadmap that will help you focus your ad spend on productive display campaigns that can drive your bottom line." -Justin Cutroni, Analytics Advocate, Google
"Dave and Corey's new book adds much-needed clarity on the latest development in this area, and their metrics-focused approach offers the critical perspective to how to be successful in display advertising." -Phil Mui, Ph.D., EVP, Chief Product & Engineering Officer, Acxiom Corporation
"No longer is display advertising a black art. Written by expert practitioners, this book breaks down the details for mastering your online campaigns. Get it before your competitors do, and put it to work!" -Tim Ash, CEO of SiteTuners, chair of Conversion Conference, and author of Landing Page Optimization