A comprehensive playbook for applied design thinking in business and management, complete with concepts and toolkits
As many companies have lost confidence in the traditional ways of running a business, design thinking has entered the mix. Design Thinking for Strategic Innovation presents a framework for design thinking that is relevant to business management, marketing, and design strategies and also provides a toolkit to apply concepts for immediate use in everyday work. It explains how design thinking can bring about creative solutions to solve complex business problems. Organized into five sections, this book provides an introduction to the values and applications of design thinking, explains design thinking approaches for eight key challenges that most businesses face, and offers an application framework for these business challenges through exercises, activities, and resources.
- An essential guide for any business seeking to use design thinking as a problem-solving tool as well as a business method to transform companies and cultures
- The framework is based on work developed by the author for an executive program in Design Thinking taught in Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Author Idris Mootee is a management guru and a leading expert on applied design thinking
Revolutionize your approach to solving your business's greatest challenges through the power of Design Thinking for Strategic Innovation.
As technological innovation has accelerated, people, communities, and organizations have become more connected than ever before. We talk more, share more, and expect more. This disruption has changed the way consumers do business. We watch iPads--not TV. We don't believe the hype. We shop online--not in stores.
We don't want to eat junk ingredients. We want what we want when we want it--and at the price we want it.
In this environment, the traditional ways of running a business just won't work anymore.
Enter design thinking.
Design Thinking for Strategic Innovation explains how design thinking can bring about creative solutions to solve complex business problems. Through real life examples, it shows how design thinking has been applied across different industries and contexts. An essential guide for any business seeking to use design as a problem-solving tool, Design Thinking for Strategic Innovation offers a methodology to transform companies and cultures.
* How to apply design thinking to your long-range planning
* Why every future business leader needs to be a good design thinker
* The 10 design thinking principles that redefine business management
* Design thinking framework tailored to the eight key challenges that businesses face
* How to create a design thinking culture within your company
Hiring design thinkers is not enough. Discover how to build design thinking into your organization's DNA. Revolutionize your approach to solving your business's greatest challenges with the power of Design Thinking for Strategic Innovation.