- Taschenbuch: 232 Seiten
- Verlag: North Atlantic Books (8. Januar 2013)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 1583945547
- ISBN-13: 978-1583945544
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 17,7 x 1,5 x 23,4 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 158.381 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Creative Yoga for Children: Inspiring the Whole Child through Yoga, Songs, Literature, and Games (Englisch) Taschenbuch – 8. Januar 2013
|Neu ab||Gebraucht ab|
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
“This is the most thoughtful, thorough, and creative book I've seen on yoga for kids. Yoga is a great bridge to knowing the inner world of our thoughts and emotions. Adrienne Rawlinson does an amazing job of creatively introducing children to their physical and mental experiences, giving them numerous tools for taking care of their bodies and minds.”
—Megan Cowan, cofounder and executive director of programs at Mindful Schools
“Creative Yoga for Children provides a comprehensive foundation in yoga for developing minds and bodies. This program is an essential resource for implementing a children’s program in the classroom or studio.”
—Denise Pala, E-RYT, television host, creator, and coproducer of Your Yoga Practice
“This is a wonderful book that will empower adults to help spread the benefits and joys of yoga to children and tweens. … With books like this in the hands of loving and capable teachers, the coming generation will be a force to be reckoned with.”
—Yoga Teacher Magazine
“Adrienne Rawlinson’s book, Creative Yoga for Children, offers forty ready-to-teach lessons for children aged four to twelve. These lessons provide a balanced program by incorporating songs, literature, awareness of the natural world as well as many opportunities for cooperation and group sharing. It may be just the thing for teachers and homeschoolers who have wanted to introduce yoga but have been hesitant due to their unfamiliarity. One particularly admirable quality of the lessons is they all emphasize the process rather than aim to have children produce perfect stances. … The activities and lessons may be modified as needed with effective results.”
—Green Teacher Magazine
“[Creative Yoga for Children] is an intelligent and inspiring manual that would be of great benefit in every child’s classroom and home. Layperson friendly, Rawlinson’s lessons are easily understood and executed. Incorporating songs, literature, art, music, and games with the classical teachings of yoga, makes for a well-rounded and organic approach to learning. … Creative Yoga for Children is an invaluable reference and resource for children and those who work with and/or care for them.”
“Having no formal yoga training, I find this program an indispensable tool in my class.”
—Carrie Ferguson, Montessori teacher
“This book is a cornucopia of ideas and I love the variety of lesson plans given. I especially appreciate the objectives (intention) and educational elements sections. … Even with my decade of experience teaching yoga I could not have written a more complete book.”
—Emily B. Canibano, yoga teacher and contributor at skyyogastudio.com
“Creative Yoga for Children is a must for any teacher who wants to encourage physical education.”
—Midwest Book Review
Über den Autor und weitere Mitwirkende
A certified Montessori teacher and registered yoga teacher, Adrienne Rawlinson has worked as a teacher in New Zealand and Canada. She studied yoga under Maureen Rae in Toronto and Erich Schiffmann in Chicago. She currently teaches Montessori and yoga in Oakville, Ontario. The author lives in Ontario, Canada.
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
Each lesson plan is well thought out and outlined, down to the timing, and provides a safe and integrative approach to working yoga in to a child's daily routine.
for a full review [...]
- Class themes separated into classes for ages four to six, seven to nine, and ten to twelve.
- Forty kids yoga lesson plans, each including Educational Elements, Props, Intention, Warm-up, Connect, Activity, Breath, Arts and Crafts, Book, Partner Pose, Meditation, and Gratitude.
- Black-and-white photos of the teacher and students demonstrating the poses.
- Excellent resource book for teachers who are looking to add some fun and movement to their curriculum throughout the year. Themes that I would have used as a teacher include The Sea, Halloween, The Universe and Beyond, Our Earth, Forest Life, Countries of the World, The Body Systems, Environmental Action, De-Stress to Study, The Earth's Elements, and Healthy Food Choices.
This is a great go-to resource for teaching yoga to children in the classroom. I highly recommend adding this book to your kids yoga resource collection!
Kids Yoga Stories
Author of yoga-inspired children's books, including Sophia's Jungle Adventure
Ähnliche Artikel finden
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Eltern & Familie > Familienausflüge
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Gesundheit, Geist & Körper > Alternativmedizin > Heilen
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Gesundheit, Geist & Körper > Training & Fitness > Yoga
- Fremdsprachige Bücher > Religion & Esoterik > New Age > Geistige & Spirituelle Heilung