Written from the perspective of an expert ColdFusion developer, this comprehensive introduction to ColdFusion 5.0 development shows readers exactly how to create robust database-driven Web applications, hands-on. Readers master ColdFusion by building a series of increasingly complex, real-world subsystems, and then integrating them into a single, enterprise-class application. This concise, practical guide introduces ColdFusion 5.0's most powerful new features, including user-defined functions, query-of-queries, and data-driven Macromedia Generator graphs. Eben Hewitt provides realistic "notes from the field" to help you cut through the hype and jumpstart your own application development. Among the key topics covered: writing ColdFusion custom tags; building secure application frameworks; content serialization with XML, deploying ColdFusion applications in wireless environments; directory and file management; Web e-mail; database integration, and more. The book also contains a complete ColdFusion 5.0 tag and function reference. The CD-ROM contains 30-day evaluation copies of ColdFusion 5.0 Enterprise Application Server for Windows, Linux, and Solaris; ColdFusion Studio 4.5
; HomeSite 4.5; Macromedia Spectra 1.5 Application Framework; and JRun 3.0.1; plus an unlimited copy of ColdFusion Express, and all of the book's source code.
The project-based guide to enterprise ColdFusion 5 development!
- Develop serious applications with ColdFusion 5fast!
- Practical, project-based coverage delivers skills and code you can use right now
- Database integration, Flash graphs, XML, wireless development, and much more
- New ColdFusion 5 features: user-defined functions, query-of-queries, and data-driven graphs
- Complete, working applications include an e-commerce site, a banner ad management system, a WML address book application, a site search, an intelligent agent, a ColdFusion 5 certification practice test, and much more!
- Includes complete CFML tag and function reference
- CD-ROM: 30-day evaluation copies of the latest Macromedia ColdFusion 5 products, plus an unrestricted copy of ColdFusion Express, and all source code
Core ColdFusion 5 is a relentlessly practical, project-focused guide to the specific techniques and skills you need to build serious enterprise applications with ColdFusion 5.
Certified ColdFusion expert Eben Hewitt walks you through constructing and integrating several increasingly complex, real-world applications. Every project delivers critical skills you'd otherwise have to learn through trial and errorand provides rock-solid code you can use in your own projects.
Hewitt's realistic "notes from the field" cut through the hype, helping you jump start your own projectsand build working systems fast. From the fundamentals of CFML to advanced database integration, to building a complete e-commerce site and XML-based content serialization, there's no better book for developers who just want to get the job done.
- Preparing your ColdFusion environment and installing ColdFusion 5
- CFML fundamentals: variables, templates, expressions, conditional logic, structures, arrays, lists, and functions
- Designing and working with relational databases
- Building a secure application framework and providing for state management and personalization
- All of the new ColdFusion 5 features: user-defined functions, query-of-queries, and data-driven graphs
- Deploying ColdFusion applications in wireless environments
- Includes a complete ColdFusion 5 tag and function reference-plus step-by-step guidance on creating your own custom tags
The accompanying CD-ROM contains completely unrestricted copies of ColdFusion Express and Macrodmedia Flash Toolkit for ColdFusion, all of the book's source code, plus 30-day evaluation copies of all these Macromedia enterprise development tools:
- ColdFusion 5.0 Enterprise Application Server for Windows, Linux, and Solaris
- ColdFusion Studio 4.5
- HomeSite 4.5
- Macromedia Spectra 1.5 Application Framework
- JRun Java Server 3.0.1 for Linux and Windows