- Gebundene Ausgabe: 256 Seiten
- Verlag: DK Children (15. Juni 2009)
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-10: 0756651964
- ISBN-13: 978-0756651961
- Vom Hersteller empfohlenes Alter: 6 - 9 Jahre
- Größe und/oder Gewicht: 22,4 x 2,4 x 28,3 cm
- Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Schreiben Sie die erste Bewertung
- Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 562.939 in Fremdsprachige Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Fremdsprachige Bücher)
Children's Illustrated Dictionary (Englisch) Gebundene Ausgabe – 15. Juni 2009
Dieses Buch gibt es in einer neuen Auflage:
Es wird kein Kindle Gerät benötigt. Laden Sie eine der kostenlosen Kindle Apps herunter und beginnen Sie, Kindle-Bücher auf Ihrem Smartphone, Tablet und Computer zu lesen.
Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen.
"Any budding wordsmith needs a dictionary to call his own, and DK scores big (literally) with this updated tome featuring thousands of entries and definitions. Vibrant photos and carefully arranged sections make this both fun and easy to use." – WorkingMother.com
Die hilfreichsten Kundenrezensionen auf Amazon.com (beta)
I bought it as a first hand experience for my 5 year old daughter as she can read short stories and is interested in learning more about words. But I definitely think that this dictionary will not work after two years. there r two reasons:
1. limited words in the dictionary
2. The word description is just for the very beginners. there r no synonyms so vocabulary is also limited.
My daughter will start kindergarten this year but because I was teaching her at home, she is capable of reading short stories herself, and I think until she reaches first grade she will be ahead of this dictionary. As a child I remember I got frustrated when a dictionary helps me 50%. So when I tried to look up a few words in this dictionary from my daughter's story book, I found only a few and the rest were not there.
were not there.
3. my third problem might not seem reasonable to many people but I feel it. why these common words are not there but 'bikini' was there with picture? also when you describe the word "kiss" it does not seem appropriate to show a 14 year old girl kissing 14 year old boy. it could be a mother kissing her child or father or grand parents or in any other form.
If this dictionary is specially meant for kids between 5-8 years old which I think is the exact appropriate age for this level. I think such things look ridiculous and also look quite intimidating. A 14 year old is sure not to have this dictionary. Why give such thoughts to a 5 or 6 year old child? It does not look nice. Even if it was mother and father kissing, it would have been some thing practical and natural. Choosing an inappropriate age level gives wrong vision to kids.
thats just my opinion.
is the length of the program, most of the children are reading on several levels higher then when they started. The book is excellent with pictures in color and
a easy guide for the child. It is not about the adult, it is about the child and relating to the dog . Awesome.
I would recommend this dictionary to any kindergartener’s parents as an engaging introduction to the concept of seeking definitions.