If you're planning to advance your career by taking the all-important Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), this is the study guide you need! Seven minibooks cover all the concepts and topics on which you'll be tested, covering the latest version of the exam.
Each part of the exam is covered thoroughly in its own section, so you can readily find the information you want to study. Plenty of review questions help you prepare, and the companion CD-ROM includes the highly rated Dummies Test Engine so you can test your progress with questions based on exam content.
- The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is the entry-level certification for network professionals
- Seven minibooks in this guide cover Secure Device Manager, Virtual Private Networks, IPv6, 2960 Switches, Cisco Network Assistant, Advanced EIGRP and OSPF, and Introduction to Wireless Networks
- Covers the latest version of the exam, including the new voice, security and wireless components added in 2008
- Packed with review questions to help you prepare
- Includes more security and troubleshooting information
- CD-ROM includes the popular Dummies Test Engine, an exclusive, fully customizable test-prep software package that features twice as many sample questions as the previous version
CCNA Certification All-In-One For Dummies is the preparation guide you need to earn your CCNA certification.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Note: The Kindle edition of this book does not include any CDs or DVDs.
The demand for Cisco Certified Network Associates is up, so rise to the challenge and get your certification! This guide covers all the stuff you need to know, and even helps get you in test-taking mode with plenty of practice questions on the CD. Plus, you can use this book as a reference after you get your CCNA certification and that great job!
* Basic training -- review LANs, WANs, Cisco hardware and software, TCP/IP, and network design
* Switches and routers -- learn to manage and troubleshoot Cisco switches and VLANs, STP, port trunking, Ether-Channel, VoIP, routers and routing protocols
* Going wireless -- plunge into wireless communication concepts and WLAN standards, operation modes, service sets, and Cisco Unified Wireless Networks architecture
* Feel secure -- study network security threats, best practices, access control lists, managing firewalls, and more
* A wide net -- learn about wide-area network connection types, DSL networks, data encapsulation protocols, and authentication methods
Open the book and find:
* What hubs, bridges, switches, and routers are for
* All about TCP/IP layers andprotocols
* The purpose of a data-link switch
* How to manage a router using Cisco IOS
* What to do with WLAN service sets
* How to handle common network security threats
* How to manage VoIP on Cisco switches
* Authentication methods for WANs
7 books in 1
* Networking Basics
* Managing TCP/IP
* Switching with Cisco Switches
* Routing with Cisco Routers
* Wireless Networks
* Network Security
* Wide-Area Networks (WANs)